Why should you care about connecting your Facebook page to a GoDaddy domain? Well, in today’s business world, it’s pretty much assumed that you or your business will have a Facebook presence. With more than 2.4 billion users worldwide, it’d be silly to not have a business presence on Facebook.
“And, with the increasing number of business-friendly tools offered by Facebook, some ventures are choosing to centre their online presence solely around the social media powerhouse. However, with more than 60 million business profiles on Facebook, it’s becoming more and more difficult to guide customers to your Facebook profile page.”
You could have them search for your profile, but what if they land on the wrong page? You could also give them your full Facebook URL, but that can sometimes be a long and forgettable website address. Both options are a hassle that will be a turn off for your customers.
So, how can you make it easier?
Connect your Facebook page to your GoDaddy domain.
With a memorable domain to give to your customers, you can be sure that they’re landing on the right Facebook profile. And the process to connect your GoDaddy domain to your Facebook profile couldn’t be simpler.
Don’t have a domain yet? Start your search here:
Ready to connect your domain to your Facebook page? Let’s look.
How to connect a GoDaddy domain to your Facebook page
In just a few easy steps and little effort, you can connect your Facebook page to your GoDaddy domain.
Note: The following instructions assume you have already purchased a domain. If you need to purchase a domain name, check out this guide.
- Log in to your GoDaddy
- Under Domains, click Manage next to the domain that you’d like to use.
- Click on the Use My Domain button at the top of the page.
Note: If you don’t see that button, scroll down to Additional Settings and click Manage DNS instead. Once there, click the ADD link in the Forwarding section.
- Click Forward to an existing webpage near the bottom of the page.
- Select the Facebook option under the Social Sites
- Type in your Facebook URL, which you can grab from the URL bar in your browser when directly viewing your own Facebook profile. Click Next.
- Click Finish after verifying the information.
A nifty feature to note here is that this process will automatically create a URL to match your domain that will go straight to Facebook Messenger.
Connecting your GoDaddy domain to your Facebook page will help your business stand out in the ever-expanding forest of Facebook profiles out there. And with the simple domain connection tool from GoDaddy, you’re freed up to make your dent in the universe.
Connect your GoDaddy site to your Facebook business page
If you have built a website with GoDaddy’s Website Builder , it’s equally easy to connect it to a new or existing Facebook business page — and have it include your site’s business name, street address, and web address. Connecting your site with your Facebook business page lets you manage multiple social sites from one location.
- Open your site.
- For Websites + Marketing: Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- For Digital Marketing: Scroll down to Online Marketing and select Manage next to the site you want to change.
- Open Facebook.
- For Websites + Marketing: In your Dashboard, select Marketing > Facebook.
- For Digital Marketing: In your Dashboard, select Social & Listings > Facebook.
- Select Connect with Facebook and follow the prompts.
- If you’re not already connected to Facebook, you’ll need to sign in.
If you have an existing Facebook business page, you’ll be able to choose it — or decide to create a new Facebook business page.
Making social media simple
Beyond Facebook, Websites + Marketing includes integrations with some of the world’s largest platforms to make it easy for small businesses to connect with customers. It also syncs with Instagram and Google My Business, enabling you to respond to customer reviews from within Websites + Marketing. This makes it easy to keep popular social media platforms updated with current information.
Image by: https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/loei-thailand-may-10-2017-hand-holding-samsung-s8-with-mobile-application-facebook-screen_1254944.htm#page=2&query=facebook&position=10