cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Broker Services Payment

Hey Experts,

Hope you are doing great, recently I was looking for a domain name, GoDaddy told me that it isn't available.

Still, their brokerage services will take care of it, looked good to me, so I went for it, they charged almost $70 and couldn't get that domain for me but didn't make the refund too.

Is this their policy or some problem?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nate
Super User 2020

The service is to try and negotiate a deal with the 3rd party seller.  Unfortunately if you've put an offer in that is using the service if you do get a deal or not, so it would only be refundable before the process has been initiated.  I do recommend using a domain broker that shows you have a legitimate offer and both sides would be protected if there's a transaction.  But as there is a cost the likelihood the current owner would be willing to sell and at a price you'd be willing to pay should be considered.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nate
Super User 2020

The service is to try and negotiate a deal with the 3rd party seller.  Unfortunately if you've put an offer in that is using the service if you do get a deal or not, so it would only be refundable before the process has been initiated.  I do recommend using a domain broker that shows you have a legitimate offer and both sides would be protected if there's a transaction.  But as there is a cost the likelihood the current owner would be willing to sell and at a price you'd be willing to pay should be considered.  

View solution in original post