cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Delate access for accountant to view receipts invoices

Awesome, second time writing this to to site errors, so I'll be short.

Delegate access for accountants when. Excuses about not attaching invoices/receipts to emails is your problem not our. I don't give my accountants access to my hosting accounts so that they don't blow up my company from the inside, so why would I give them full access to my domain account. It doesn't matter whether you think it should be added or not, you're being asked to add it because it's a basic requirement for company reporting. The year is 2020 and as the owner of a company, I don't have the time to sit here going through your obtuse system for exporting pdf files one by one because you purposefully make it so, I'm guessing it's so that all the bundled in charges, aren't looked into and questioned. To reiterate, it's time to add this functionality.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@BillingAccess 

I see your point about the cat walking across the keyboard 🙂 

One thing I just personally discovered as your post made me check it out - 

on https://account.godaddy.com/receipts there is an export to CSV - this actually gives a line item by line item break down of the sub total / tax /  icann fee and the total for that line item

While not ideal as it doesn't give an overall total for each order - it does show the products - so if you are tracking expenses for hosting vs domains you can easily see that.

One other thing that you may already be aware of is the ability to consolidate / sync billing of domains (well at least .com) - I was getting tired of getting one off charges every few days throughout each month - so as the domains came up for renewal I consolidated / moved the renewal date to the 1st of the month - so now yes I get one bigger invoice the first of each month, but it made life a bit easier / less emails. Also since I bill my clients for the domain renewals - I can bill them one month in advance one the 1st when I do my monthly billing

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User 2020

@BillingAccess 

I'm an end user like you - I know that GoDaddy does monitor the community and perhaps can take your request under advisement. 

As a business owner myself - I'm curious / surprised that your accountant would want access to your systems to get invoices - most accountants that I've worked with - if they need a receipt for something the would ask me to provide it to them. Additionally within GoDaddy I may have 40-50+ orders per year - how would my accountant know which ones to get.

I'm also curious as a business owner - if your company is covering your medical insurance / expenses - let's say do you provide your account access to your medical information to get invoices from that? 

I understand your frustration as to not wanting to have to print this all out at the end of the year - I'm curious as the GoDaddy receipt emails are detailed and have line item breakdown - isn't that what you need??

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

My accountant hasn't asked for access, they have access to the emails,
which they say is like having a photo of a receipt. They'd like to have the
invoice type documents, since that's a basic standard for accounting and
one I'm surprised that GoDaddy doesn't just send attached with the
purchase/renewal emails.

We have transactions for GoDaddy into the 10x multiples of what you mention
and having to grab those PDF printouts from the billing history section in
the account is incredibly slow and tedious, especially since fo accounting
purposes, a tally of everything is needed, including when GoDaddy sends
refunds, so there are hundreds of one by one print-to-pdf actions required
to achieve this. Something that I have neither the time nor the willingness
to do.

I would of course allow my accountants to have my personal info, even to
health insurance policies since they don't have the ability to affect
anything with my being nor my company from that info. Having full access to
a domain account though, means that a cat or a three year old can crawl
across their desk and cause problems internally with things they don't
understand, not to mention if there is any malicious intent.

I appreciate your reply, but feel that it's not a matter that needs
solutions outside of the fact that a basic feature that just about every
other company offers (for information with these attack vectors) is
missing, and it needs to be added or simply have the delegation method have
a category for accountants that lets them see invoices and download them in
bulk and not have access to a single other function of the account.

@BillingAccess 

I see your point about the cat walking across the keyboard 🙂 

One thing I just personally discovered as your post made me check it out - 

on https://account.godaddy.com/receipts there is an export to CSV - this actually gives a line item by line item break down of the sub total / tax /  icann fee and the total for that line item

While not ideal as it doesn't give an overall total for each order - it does show the products - so if you are tracking expenses for hosting vs domains you can easily see that.

One other thing that you may already be aware of is the ability to consolidate / sync billing of domains (well at least .com) - I was getting tired of getting one off charges every few days throughout each month - so as the domains came up for renewal I consolidated / moved the renewal date to the 1st of the month - so now yes I get one bigger invoice the first of each month, but it made life a bit easier / less emails. Also since I bill my clients for the domain renewals - I can bill them one month in advance one the 1st when I do my monthly billing

View solution in original post