cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Disappointed in GoDaddy's customer support for refund.

I have trying to organise a refund for a domain auto renew within the 24 specified hours, however after 2 dropped calls after 40 mins of waiting on hold, each, I am giving up on this company. It seems impossible to contact the customer support even after waiting over one and a half hours on hold on the Melbourne line. Considering there is no available live chat or email support, and the non-existent people on the phone lines, I am posting this to the community forums in hope of reaching someone who can help me with my issues. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kreyul,

Welcome to the Community!

There are several resources in the GoDaddy Help files to assist you with a domain renewal or registration refund. First, you can check to see if the domain in question is eligible for a refund. Most (but not all) domains are refundable if cancelled within 45 days of auto-renewal, or 5 days of manual renewal. 

If your domain is refundable, you can access your account at any time to delete it there. If it has Protected Registration, you will need to remove that first. As long as the cancellation is made in the allowable time-frame, it doesn't matter when you connect with a Customer Care agent to process the refund. 

If calling isn't an option for you, please try our live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@kreyul 

As end users here in the community we cannot do anything with refunds / account specific issues. I suggest using a private browser and changing your "locale" (lower left) to US and then using the chat function.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @kreyul,

Welcome to the Community!

There are several resources in the GoDaddy Help files to assist you with a domain renewal or registration refund. First, you can check to see if the domain in question is eligible for a refund. Most (but not all) domains are refundable if cancelled within 45 days of auto-renewal, or 5 days of manual renewal. 

If your domain is refundable, you can access your account at any time to delete it there. If it has Protected Registration, you will need to remove that first. As long as the cancellation is made in the allowable time-frame, it doesn't matter when you connect with a Customer Care agent to process the refund. 

If calling isn't an option for you, please try our live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post