Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
jack82
New

Domain price changed after going to check out

I was researching domains and checking availability today.

Each domain I checked showed a purchase price of $5.17, so I was adding them to my cart.

When I checked out the domains 'magically' cost 12.17. 

Imagine that -- baiting a customer with a low price and switching to a price that was over two times greater.

I call Godaddy and was told that they don't consider that bait and switch. They consider it policy.

So the logical conclusion is that it is Godaddy's policy to bait and switch customers.

They rationalized it by saying my account was 'not eligible' for the $5.17 price. Yet, it was the price shown for over 20 domains I checked for availability. Including a random one that I did a screenshot of to send to Godaddy to show that I was being told the domain price was $5.17 (over and over).

According to Godaddy, I that 'promotion' was not available on my account. If it was not available on my account why were the posting that as the domain price?? Enquiring minds want to know!!

Godaddy refused to honor the pricing I was shown.

I was given two options:

1. Pay $130 for an annual member ship to save $45 on the 15 domains I purchased.

2. Pay $60 to buy additional domains to save $45 on the 15 domains I purchased.

I am considering option 2, as well as other domain registrars.

ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY DISAPPOINTED WITH GODADDY!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @jack82. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I understand it can be frustrating to not be able to take advantage of a discount price. It is true that some offers have special terms that go along with them and aren't always available to all customers. If you're seeing a different price on the website, usually this means that some type of promotional offer code is cached in your browser. If you can share the URL where you're seeing these prices, I'd be happy to take a closer look to see what's happening. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @jack82. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I understand it can be frustrating to not be able to take advantage of a discount price. It is true that some offers have special terms that go along with them and aren't always available to all customers. If you're seeing a different price on the website, usually this means that some type of promotional offer code is cached in your browser. If you can share the URL where you're seeing these prices, I'd be happy to take a closer look to see what's happening. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post