Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

False & Threatening Emails FROM Go Daddy

Go Daddy,

I am posting here because you make it HARD to email your company.

It pertains to having certain services CANCEL, when they are NOT due for 2 months!

I am out of town in a Mountain area and have Zero Phone service!!

I am beyond pissed off right now!!.. This is what I TRIED email, but you have NO email..

Dear Go Daddy

I do NOT appreciate this email..

Not only am I on vacation, but it is my Birthday..

I have to wake up to this jacked up email telling me I have [removed] that has EXPIRED.. and I may not get whatever services back!!!!

So I have to go into panic mode and research what is going on.(again on my Birthday)

Only to find out that NOTHING is expiring for 2 F-ing months.. Total B/S!!!

I will have to evaluate my relationship with your company after this

I DO NOT appreciate your [removed]ty email starting off my birthday like this..

I am sooooo NOT happy with Go Daddy right now!!..

After I mellow out from this, I will figure out if I want to POST this BAD experience on Social or not..

I am sure that my friends and followers may think twice when considering doing business with your company

Yours NOT Adrenalized,
Rich Hopkins
Stunt Coordinator / Stuntman / Action Actor

Thrillseekers Unlimited

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @THRILLRICH. Thanks for reaching out. Sorry you're experiencing this, especially on your birthday. 

It sounds like you received a failed billing notice. That would usually only take place if we tried to renew a product but weren't able to for some reason. That would include if the product was due to be renewed but automatic renewal is turned off.

You mentioned that the product doesn't expire for two months. Is it exactly two months? If so, my guess would be that the notice was for an SSL Certificate. Those renew two months in advance to give enough time to get the certificate reinstalled wherever it's being used. If my guess above is correct, it seems likely we didn't communicate well enough on what you should expect with an SSL Certificate renewal, and I do apologize for that. I'll make sure I pass on your feedback appropriately. Feel free to provide an update if my guess was wrong. 

I hope you can enjoy the rest of your birthday 🎂

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @THRILLRICH. Thanks for reaching out. Sorry you're experiencing this, especially on your birthday. 

It sounds like you received a failed billing notice. That would usually only take place if we tried to renew a product but weren't able to for some reason. That would include if the product was due to be renewed but automatic renewal is turned off.

You mentioned that the product doesn't expire for two months. Is it exactly two months? If so, my guess would be that the notice was for an SSL Certificate. Those renew two months in advance to give enough time to get the certificate reinstalled wherever it's being used. If my guess above is correct, it seems likely we didn't communicate well enough on what you should expect with an SSL Certificate renewal, and I do apologize for that. I'll make sure I pass on your feedback appropriately. Feel free to provide an update if my guess was wrong. 

I hope you can enjoy the rest of your birthday 🎂

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post