cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Free Trial Auto-Renew

Really frustrated by GoDaddy's policies about Office 365. 

1. I DID NOT sign up for this

2. Apparently I was automatically enrolled in a "free trial" 

3. They billed me 12 months later without asking 

This is such a quasi-fraudulent practice. I asked for a refund and it was refused because I was "outside of the refund window." Will be switching to another service as soon as my current subscription is up. 

Mike 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Mike08239 

I am an end user like you and can understand your frustration - The only thing I can pass along to you and others reading this thread. Is regardless of if you are getting a product from GoDaddy or elsewhere

1) Double check what is included when you first sign-up - GoDaddy offers Office 365 with a 1 year free trial for many products - it is automatically added to the shopping cart, but can be removed before you complete the checkout

2) Watch any terms and conditions that may apply

3) watch your renewal emails. GoDaddy does send a number of emails before a product is due to renew - They will sometimes group products together in one email - and there are sometimes sections for those on auto-renew vs not.

Please be sure to check what your settings are for (length of renewal etc)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@Mike08239 

I am an end user like you and can understand your frustration - The only thing I can pass along to you and others reading this thread. Is regardless of if you are getting a product from GoDaddy or elsewhere

1) Double check what is included when you first sign-up - GoDaddy offers Office 365 with a 1 year free trial for many products - it is automatically added to the shopping cart, but can be removed before you complete the checkout

2) Watch any terms and conditions that may apply

3) watch your renewal emails. GoDaddy does send a number of emails before a product is due to renew - They will sometimes group products together in one email - and there are sometimes sections for those on auto-renew vs not.

Please be sure to check what your settings are for (length of renewal etc)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post