cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy Pro - Possible Reseller

I am currently a GoDaddy Pro - and have several customers that rely on me to do all of their Godaddy purchases, renewals, etc. If I sign up as a GoDaddy reseller, can I then renew these customers through my reseller account and get commission?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User III

You can't move customer accounts between stores like that.  Domains can be moved by purchasing a transfer as if it were between different registrars, so it is basically the cost of a renewal and extends the term a year anyway.  But other products like hosting would need to be purchased new and setup again.

So it may or may not be worth the effort to move your existing customers over immediately, depending on how many and what would need to be moved.  You could get started by setting up your new customers on the platform and gradually moving over older customers when it is time to rework their websites anyways.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User III

You can't move customer accounts between stores like that.  Domains can be moved by purchasing a transfer as if it were between different registrars, so it is basically the cost of a renewal and extends the term a year anyway.  But other products like hosting would need to be purchased new and setup again.

So it may or may not be worth the effort to move your existing customers over immediately, depending on how many and what would need to be moved.  You could get started by setting up your new customers on the platform and gradually moving over older customers when it is time to rework their websites anyways.

View solution in original post