cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy have taken my Domain

GoDaddy has stolen my domain name 'notifywell.com', what I had requested for IPS TAG so I could move my domain to AWS. All my emails from March 2020 have been ignored and your support people promise to sort the situation and just ignore me  I will me. I want someone from a UK office to contact me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

I'm sorry you find yourself in this situation, @NOTiFYwell. I can assure you that GoDaddy does not steal domains. From looking at the domain, I see that it has an expiration date of March 14th. My guess would be that the domain expired and either canceled out of your account or was purchased as a backorder by another customer. The domain is currently listed as a premium listing, which means that the current registrant has listed it for sale. This isn't a price that GoDaddy sets or controls.

Also, as @PL281 mentioned, IPS tags are only for .uk domains. If you had a .uk or .co.uk version of the domain, it may still be renewable, even if it had the same expiration date. Try clicking the renew now button in your domain management area. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@NOTiFYwell 

We are end users so I'm not sure how much the community will be able to help you. In looking at your domain, it appears that it had been pointing to a GoDaddy Parked page up until April 28, 2020. It is now pointed to a for sale page hosted on amazon. 

My understanding is that IPS tags have to do with .UK domains and are similar to "auth" codes.

Is the domain still showing in your GoDaddy account https://dcc.godaddy.com 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager

I'm sorry you find yourself in this situation, @NOTiFYwell. I can assure you that GoDaddy does not steal domains. From looking at the domain, I see that it has an expiration date of March 14th. My guess would be that the domain expired and either canceled out of your account or was purchased as a backorder by another customer. The domain is currently listed as a premium listing, which means that the current registrant has listed it for sale. This isn't a price that GoDaddy sets or controls.

Also, as @PL281 mentioned, IPS tags are only for .uk domains. If you had a .uk or .co.uk version of the domain, it may still be renewable, even if it had the same expiration date. Try clicking the renew now button in your domain management area. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post