cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I was sold the wrong product and now can't get a refund

I asked for a simple cpanel and the support person sold me wordpress. I explicitly asked if I can simply upload the existing html content and they said yes. After purchasing that plan and banging my head for 2 days, I gave up and asked to be downgraded to cpanel. 

As soon as I paid for cpanel, I realized that they did not refund me for wordpress account and on top of that billed me another $75 dollars for the cpanel.

I had looked at the refund policy a while back and remembered that they have 30 day refund policy (https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/refund-policy). But they have a long list of exceptions :-). 

The support person said he was willing to pay out of his own pocket but could not get refund from GoDaddy. Terrible!. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: I was sold the wrong product and now can't get a refund

Hi @cortexuser. Thanks for posting. Sorry you've had a difficult experience. I wanted to provide a little clarification on our refund policy. It sounds like you were sold an annual Managed WordPress plan. All annual plans can be fully refunded if they are canceled within 30 days of purchase. If it was only a few days ago that you bought the WordPress plan, there should be no reason you wouldn't be able to get a refund. However, to receive a refund, you would need to connect with one of our GoDaddy Guides once more. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: I was sold the wrong product and now can't get a refund

Hi @cortexuser. Thanks for posting. Sorry you've had a difficult experience. I wanted to provide a little clarification on our refund policy. It sounds like you were sold an annual Managed WordPress plan. All annual plans can be fully refunded if they are canceled within 30 days of purchase. If it was only a few days ago that you bought the WordPress plan, there should be no reason you wouldn't be able to get a refund. However, to receive a refund, you would need to connect with one of our GoDaddy Guides once more. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post