cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Invalid emails: "Action required: Update your payment information"

I received email on Jan 1 2020 that my account would need to be renewed 1/31 and that I had "auto renew" setup. All good. On Jan 2 email told me my payment info had expired and needed updating. I checked immediately. Wrong. My payment method is by credit card, the card number is correct and does not expire for 2 or 3 years. I contacted support and was told they could see the card information and that it was correct, so no worries. Yesterday, Jan 16, I got another email from Godaddy telling me "Action required: Update your payment information". I have not changed anything in my account and a check shows the same details as seen before. The card was used for the Jan 2019 renewal, so it clearly is functional. What's going on here? Is there any way this can be fixed so the system stops dinging me with emails with no meaning?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Invalid emails: "Action required: Update your payment information"

Hi @ramjr2017,

Welcome to the Community!

The users in this community forum will have no access to your account to determine what the issue is regarding your payments or to resolve any system errors. Beyond checking the validity of the credit card, make sure you check the renewal status of your products. Despite a card being valid, if the bank declines the transaction, you'll want to make sure your products get renewed - manually if necessary.

Please contact our customer support team at one of the numbers in the link below so they can review and resolve the problem, or get you pointed in the right direction. If calling isn't an option for you, please try the live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: Invalid emails: "Action required: Update your payment information"

Hi @ramjr2017,

Welcome to the Community!

The users in this community forum will have no access to your account to determine what the issue is regarding your payments or to resolve any system errors. Beyond checking the validity of the credit card, make sure you check the renewal status of your products. Despite a card being valid, if the bank declines the transaction, you'll want to make sure your products get renewed - manually if necessary.

Please contact our customer support team at one of the numbers in the link below so they can review and resolve the problem, or get you pointed in the right direction. If calling isn't an option for you, please try the live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post