cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Renewal fees for email plans are too high

Hey GoDaddy, how about not increasing your fees each year by such a huge margin? That way you will keep customers. The renewal fee for having one email address is OUTRAGEOUS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @DC1962. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your customer care experience. I'm not sure what you mean by paying the guide wanting you to pay by a screen shot vs a renewal notice. I can tell you that guides are not able to manually resend renewal emails. However, if you can provide the email to guide you're speaking with, they should be able to match any pricing, even if you're not able to see that price in your own experience. 

As for price changes, these do occur on most products. I can't speak to any of the pricing you're seeing specifically, but I can say that in general we adjust our prices to keep them competitive with what other providers are offering. I hope you're able to get any further pricing questions addressed with our customer care guides. We do appreciate your feedback here though. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@DC1962 

In the community we are end users like you. I know your post is a vent, but I wanted to reply.

Generally speaking, GoDaddy does show what the renewal cost will be for all their products. Many products have a 1st year discount - not to mention the coupon codes sent out with support thank you emails. I've seen 1st year discounts between 20% -> ~ 50% - and this varies by product / domain extension / length of purchase.

This is a common practice. I've seen on message boards where someone has bought a 1 year or longer plan on a hosting provider and then when it renews it is 3x or more the cost.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I have been with Godaddy for 5 years. This is not a second year surprise. Their fees hike up each year so I've already moved my website. Now I'm looking at moving my email. I spoke with the company's 'support' about this and the guy had a dodgy solution of paying him with just a screenshot instead of a proper renewal notice. Geez.

Community Manager

Hi @DC1962. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your customer care experience. I'm not sure what you mean by paying the guide wanting you to pay by a screen shot vs a renewal notice. I can tell you that guides are not able to manually resend renewal emails. However, if you can provide the email to guide you're speaking with, they should be able to match any pricing, even if you're not able to see that price in your own experience. 

As for price changes, these do occur on most products. I can't speak to any of the pricing you're seeing specifically, but I can say that in general we adjust our prices to keep them competitive with what other providers are offering. I hope you're able to get any further pricing questions addressed with our customer care guides. We do appreciate your feedback here though. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post