cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer account ownership

If I want to transfer full ownership of my GoDaddy account to my spouse, is it enough for me to prepare a notarized "Power of Attorney for Digital Asset" letter or do I need to use services like Mylennium.com-Digital Asset Authorization? 

I know there is an option to give "delegate access" in my account, but I prefer to use a legal document instead.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Pineapple176 

I am a GoDaddy end user. As @TLH  from a technical perspective - the account name / ownership is self administrated so there is nothing per say that you need to provide to GoDaddy. 

The only reason your spouse would need some form of legal document to provide to GoDaddy would be if you hadn't provided them your user id / password / pin and they did not have access to your email account to retrieve the password and they need to prove that they now "owned" the account.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/regain-access-to-my-domain-or-my-account-4043 talks about getting access to an account.

Personally I can tell you that most people that I speak to just change the names / passwords for the accounts. The legal transfer of ownership / who is responsible is really an offline - non-technical thing - and would be in whatever agreement(s) you have with your spouse .

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Pineapple176,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are wanting to turn over the account now, you do not need any legal documents. Simply change the name and details on the profile and replace any payment methods, if necessary. If the email address is your spouse's, they can do a password reset to access the account when ready. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Thank you TLH for your suggestion. But I am not planning to turn over the account now.

Just doing some research in regards to my digital assets ownership transfer.

Do you have any advice which legal documents that GoDaddy would accept? A Power of Attorney Letter or 3rd party service like Mylennium?

Thanks

@Pineapple176 

I am a GoDaddy end user. As @TLH  from a technical perspective - the account name / ownership is self administrated so there is nothing per say that you need to provide to GoDaddy. 

The only reason your spouse would need some form of legal document to provide to GoDaddy would be if you hadn't provided them your user id / password / pin and they did not have access to your email account to retrieve the password and they need to prove that they now "owned" the account.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/regain-access-to-my-domain-or-my-account-4043 talks about getting access to an account.

Personally I can tell you that most people that I speak to just change the names / passwords for the accounts. The legal transfer of ownership / who is responsible is really an offline - non-technical thing - and would be in whatever agreement(s) you have with your spouse .

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post