cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unable to Process Payment

I am unable to add payment method in my GoDaddy account. There is an error message "Yikes! We couldn't process your request. Please try again or contact customer support if this issue continues".

I already tried several times by choosing another credit card, pressing ctrl+f5 to clear cache but the error message persists.

Pls help.

Tq.

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Unable to Process Payment

I am new customer. I want buy a hosting wordpress but when "Place Your Order" it notice " There was a problem processing your transaction. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment.". 

what do I do now?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tuongvy2012. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

That error can be caused by a number of things. Many times it can just be due to trying to apply a promo code that isn't compatible with the order. Other times it might be an issue with the payment method itself. I'd suggest removing any promo code and retrying the order. If that doesn't work, it's usually best to check with your payment provider next. If they report no issues with the payment method, I'd recommend getting connected to our support team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Solution

Hey @delfcode,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

As indicated in the error message, you'll want to reach out to our live support via phone or chat if you're still trying to complete the purchase.There may be something else happening on the account that is preventing the payment method from being used. Our agents should be able to review the billing activity on the account to help confirm. 

Hope you manage to work this out. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hello,i'm wanna pay to get host+domain but i'm have a problem in pay in my country(egypt) our central bank in egypt stopped the pay by internet i can let my friend in other country but how i'll save my rights!!?

Solution

Hi @atonvision, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about the payment issue you're having. I can only suggest using a different payment method or to contact Support to see if they have any other options for you.

If you have someone else pay for the account, they could still potentially have access to your account unless you remove their payment method and replace it with another valid one that you are able to use.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

I tried to renew my host then the following message appear

There was a problem processing your transaction. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment.

i cannot chat with your agent as chat appear offline

my country not listed in phone list

Please my account expire since 1/10/2016

so i\m afraid on my files.

Thanks

Solution

Hi @SaraNassar,

I suggest reaching out to your bank institution or credit card company to determine why the transaction did not complete. Also, our chat teams are available Monday-Friday 5am-6pm (MST). You will want to contact our support team as soon as you can to renew your account. If you're country is not listed, you will want to call our US team or the country closest to where you reside. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
New

So promotional code is pointless if it cannot process payment. Why you need to create that code then?

I am not able to add a new payment method when renewal my domain, I put a different cards but the same result, and give me this message  " There was a problem processing your transaction. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment. " 

please help me.

Thanks 

@JesseW wrote:

@JesseW wrote:

Hi @tuongvy2012. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

That error can be caused by a number of things. Many times it can just be due to trying to apply a promo code that isn't compatible with the order. Other times it might be an issue with the payment method itself. I'd suggest removing any promo code and retrying the order. If that doesn't work, it's usually best to check with your payment provider next. If they report no issues with the payment method, I'd recommend getting connected to our support team. 

Hi @tuongvy2012. Thanks for being part of Go Daddy Community!

Yes I have Also Some Problem ( There was a problem processing your transaction. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment. )
Kindly Help Me I Try To Buy Domains And Web-hosting Server With WordPress
but My Payment is Not Working 

Solution

Greetings, @Mohamedeisa, There are no known problems with payment processing currently, it may be a local or desktop settings issue. I suggest calling your nearest contact at the link below my name, they may be able to add it for your renewal.

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Hi Mohamedeisa, I am too facing a similar problem.  However, I don't get any error. Infact I get a message that the card has been successfully added. But, when I try to renew, there is again the same old card showing there. With no new card entry.

Have you found any solution yet ?

Please help me. When I am buying a domain name I had got this message.

There was a problem processing your transaction. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment.

I already tried without your promotional code, then also the same problem is repeating again again. please help me..

Solution

Hey @VishwasG,

Have you tried calling in to our live support as suggested by Thomas? Since it's a billing related issue specific to your account, our live support will be better able to address what has happened since no one here in this open discussion forum will have account access to review. 

Let us know what they find. Hopefully it's just a minor processing issue they can correct for you.

i have purchased a domain yesterday and it worked without any hassle. Now today it is giving this error

"There was a problem processing your transaction. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment."

Please suggest, thanks.

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hello zahinzaman,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience with your recent attempted purchase.  Sometimes, depending on the amount, your bank may place a hold until you verify the purchase directly with your bank.  If your bank has not placed a hold on the purchase please contact the inbound support line so that a representative may review the purchase log and help determine what may be the cause of the failed transaction.

Hope this helps!

-Techfly

This is not the case. Bank is not holding up.

Hi All, I am unable to make payment for these features. It says "We apologise for this inconvenience, but an error has been detected" after clicking "Next". What could be the cause of this? 

I have the same issue, and I spoke with the bank and they claimed nothing on hold from their side, please fix my issue so I don't lose my account. 

Super User II
Super User II

@ajmalhussain wrote:

Please help me. When I am buying a domain name I had got this message.

I already tried without your promotional code, then also the same problem is repeating again again. please help me..

Certain promo codes are only good for certain areas, certain products, etc but this message is usually when the payment method you've selected was unable to be processed or was declined.

how can i pay go daddy

Solution

Hey @durianbug8

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

I'd recommend reviewing our listed Payment Methods that we accept in your area. If we can't accept payments from your bank, then you'll need to consider another method of payment we do accept as it is indicated.

did the payment limit in Egypt has any solution or i have to call the support team !!? 

New

Hi,

I am trying to buy the deluxe hosting package but after checking out and entering my Paypal password, I am confronted with this message,
'An error has been detected. We will investigate the matter and take appropriate action.'

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Thank you

New

For about a couple of weeks now the paypal paying option stopped appearing when I check out. In the past I have used paypal many times with Go daddy, and the weird thing is I still receive Go daddy auctions payments on my paypal, but I can't pay for new products.

Also, I can't add paypal when I go to "visit my account" - "account settings" - "payment methods" (I have only the option to add credit cards, cheking account or gift cards.

I must mention that I don't use ant codes that might be in conflict with paypal payments

Called support but is useless. They simply sent me this link where Paypal is supposed to appear as an option https://uk.godaddy.com/help/add-paypal-to-my-godaddy-account-3403?v=1

Any ideas?

Helper I
Helper I

I also noticed it disappeared, looks like they have dropped that as a payment option.

New

Hi,

I'm from Europe, Czech Republic.

Simple question how to add skrill as payment options. ?

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@etaamir.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 402 Payment Required error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

New

i cant buy by paypal

why my account charged

New

I bought a .asia domain as I have a business registered in Vietnam. That worked perfectly.

However, when I tried to set the billing address to Vietnam for that invoice, the form returned with 'please select a valid value'. Vietnam was selected using a dropdown list.

This is not a big deal as it's unlikely I could claim it on my taxes anyway (the requirements for that here are quite strict), and it was only 5$ but you should probably fix this or provide a more descriptive error message.

Today I want to join godaddy auction, and make payment with paypal.

But error message appear:

"We are unable to validate your information. Please try again."

It's weird, because my friend can make payment with his paypal,  but I can't.

I have verified paypal account.

I have $4.92 in my paypal balance, and go daddy account payment just $3.49, so basically it's enough.

please help me solve this problem,

thanks

I like to pay by cash
How its possible
Please suggest me
Thank you

New

Warm greetings,

I have been trying to pay for web hosting and I keep getting the massage that i should use another billing method. Please what do I do?

i am not buyiung from you guys again, saying "There was a problem processing your transaction, so i am going to buy somewhere else

Hi sir 

there is issue during payment 

how to solve this issue
everything is correct from my side
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rajafahad,

have you first registered your payment method with Godaddy? You can't use an unregistered card for example (registered in your account settings).

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/add-payment-methods-to-your-godaddy-account-20037

Hi community,
I'm a newbie to the godaddy hosting platform. My issue I wanted to pay up for a starter plan, but the payment page, after some time, returned the notice that "the payment was unsuccessful, that I should try other method.
What must I do? I'm in Nigeria.

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @ojonuba7!

Welcome to the community! For account-specific issues, you'll want to reach out to our support team. The community will not be able to offer any assistance in this area. Thank you for understanding. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
New

Hi im trying to purchase for make private and it says error help please it send me to you have no item in your website

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@aaron4 wrote:

Hi im trying to purchase for make private and it says error help please it send me to you have no item in your website

@aaron4 I'm been having this issue as well. Try using a different type of browser or use "incognito" on Chrome. I believe this has something to do with "cookies."

---