cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Unexpected charge, no description of services

I was charged almost $600 today to my paypal account for some unknown service from Godaddy.

I did not receive an email receipt to the email account Godaddy has on file.

There is no description of the service in the Paypal receipt that I received from Paypal, and that's unusual as the Paypal receipts for Godaddy ALWAYS include the description.

The transaction ID number's on Paypal's receipts do not help track down this charge with Godaddy, as the numbers are useless here. Godaddy cannot seem to use the amount, time and day to determine what this charge was for, their system doesn't work that way.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I understand this situation is very frustrating due to unauthorized charges and I am sorry you are going through this situation.

I strongly recommend reaching out to GoDaddy Support, unauthorized payments must be handled by the Billing Department at GoDaddy. No one in this Community forum can access an account to review or assist with these billing issues. I would also advise to contact PayPal support.

Please reach back out to support and contact the Billing Department, they are available 24/7 via phone or chat.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Employee

Hello @Pbase and welcome to the Communty!

I am sorry you are experiencing this billing issue. We keep track of all your purchases in your account's Order History(link to order history, may require login) page. Follow the link for the steps to see and download your GoDaddy receipts(link to instructions)

If you have multiple accounts, please review your order history in each. GoDaddy Support can also assist with your billing needs. Once you are done reviewing your order history and have not found the receipt with the charge in question, please reach out to your bank about the charge.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat!

There is no information about this charge in my purchase history. Godaddy shows that I have about 5 accounts and this charge does not show up in any of them.

Again, there is no description of the service in the paypal receipt. 

I have absolutely no way of determining what this charge was for. Paypal has stated that it was legitimate, an agreement entered into on March 21st. I did not enter into any agreement with Godaddy on March 21st.

This is really a nightmare. I need to know what this charge was for. 

GoDaddy keeps track of all purchases and if no receipt was found after review of all of your accounts by yourself & support, I strongly recommend you reaching out to your bank to report the transaction. 

I already did that. This is not a bank transaction. It was done with Paypal. As mentioned, Paypal shows an agreement entered into on the 3/21, an agreement that I did not make.

All I would need to know is what service this charge was for. Paypal cannot help with that, only Godaddy can.

I want to be clear:

This was reported

Paypal sees a legitimate agreement

I did not enter into an agreement

There is no description, which is needed to find out about this charge

Does anyone else have access to your PayPal account? I would also double check any other account that might have had access to your PayPal account in the past. GoDaddy keeps record of every transaction and if you cannot find the receipt to the specific transaction in question, it needs to be reported to your financial institution. I understand that it was purchased through PayPal but if you made the purchase from a checking account, debit card, or credit card then you can report it to the financial institution connected to your PayPal account. If PayPal is your financial institution, I strongly urge you to appeal the denial since you cannot find proof that the transaction came from any account you own.

If you need more assistance, GoDaddy Support's Billing Department is better suited for assisting with account specific questions and needs.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat.

I've escalated this case with Godaddy. The main problem here is that the representatives have NO WAY of determining which account made this charge without a verification PIN. 

If someone obtains someone else's financial credentials and uses it on their own accounts, the victim cannot get information because of Godaddy's verification system. How can I give the PIN to someone else's account?

This has been very frustrating. Considering moving my websites out and closing my account.

I understand this situation is very frustrating due to unauthorized charges and I am sorry you are going through this situation.

I strongly recommend reaching out to GoDaddy Support, unauthorized payments must be handled by the Billing Department at GoDaddy. No one in this Community forum can access an account to review or assist with these billing issues. I would also advise to contact PayPal support.

Please reach back out to support and contact the Billing Department, they are available 24/7 via phone or chat.

View solution in original post

Community Manager

@Collwyn wrote:

I've escalated this case with Godaddy. The main problem here is that the representatives have NO WAY of determining which account made this charge without a verification PIN. 

If someone obtains someone else's financial credentials and uses it on their own accounts, the victim cannot get information because of Godaddy's verification system. How can I give the PIN to someone else's account?

This has been very frustrating. Considering moving my websites out and closing my account.

Thanks for posting @Collwyn. You're correct that our agents are not able to see any billing information in an account unless you are able to provide verification. However, we do have systems in place to have those charges looked up, which is what it sounds like has happened in your case. Once the charges are found, they will reach back out to you with further steps to get this addressed. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.