cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Unhappy with my Billing Department experience

Go Daddy Billing Department Sucks, they charged me twice $120.00 on my account they promised to refund it because the charges were not authorized by us.  All the billing department people sucks...  very unprofessional & they do not know what they doing or talking about. I have already made complaint about GoDaddy in consumer court.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @HP67,

In the hopes of making this post useful to others, I'd like to share additional information for those customers with self-help billing issues. Anything you're not able to do in the account regarding unauthorized payments or billing confusion, must be handled by the Billing Department at GoDaddy. No one in this Community forum can access an account to review or assist with these actions.

A customer's agreement to the GoDaddy Terms of Service allow for the billing of products that come up for auto-renewal. Auto-renewed billings are authorized payments. The Auto-Renewal feature may be removed by the customer at any time using these instructions. It's the customer's responsibility to keep their billings current and payment methods updated. 

If a product renewal catches a customer by surprise (it happens, other things in life are going on), most can be fully refunded by a Customer Support agent following cancellation. You may use the instructions here to cancel your products, making sure to click "Delete my product" and complete. Generally, yearly renewals must be canceled in 30 days from purchase or renewal; monthly renewals in 48 hours. Once you've canceled, contact support so the refund can be processed for you - it's not automatic upon cancellation. The complete GoDaddy Refund Policy can be viewed here if you're not sure your product is eligible for a refund.

Thanks for listening; hope this helps clarify.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II

@HP67 

While I feel for you in this situation as I understand how frustrating it can be, nobody here can help with this particular issue as most of us are volunteers and have no access to the accounting systems. I do hope your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @HP67,

In the hopes of making this post useful to others, I'd like to share additional information for those customers with self-help billing issues. Anything you're not able to do in the account regarding unauthorized payments or billing confusion, must be handled by the Billing Department at GoDaddy. No one in this Community forum can access an account to review or assist with these actions.

A customer's agreement to the GoDaddy Terms of Service allow for the billing of products that come up for auto-renewal. Auto-renewed billings are authorized payments. The Auto-Renewal feature may be removed by the customer at any time using these instructions. It's the customer's responsibility to keep their billings current and payment methods updated. 

If a product renewal catches a customer by surprise (it happens, other things in life are going on), most can be fully refunded by a Customer Support agent following cancellation. You may use the instructions here to cancel your products, making sure to click "Delete my product" and complete. Generally, yearly renewals must be canceled in 30 days from purchase or renewal; monthly renewals in 48 hours. Once you've canceled, contact support so the refund can be processed for you - it's not automatic upon cancellation. The complete GoDaddy Refund Policy can be viewed here if you're not sure your product is eligible for a refund.

Thanks for listening; hope this helps clarify.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

This is a very typical reply by GoDaddy... as a matter of fact, FYI, 

1. in my case I had stopped auto-renewals 2 times...

2. I was charged twice for same bill twice in one week. 

3. even there was no renewal due I was charged for nothing.

4. even full information about my account is not with the billing department & I had to force them to do their job, make them realize they were wrong, late they accept & send apology.

5. I had to ask them to pull up telephone conversation, they refuse to do so.

6. unprofessional people in the billing department 

7. consumer court is going to deal with them.