cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

website editing by delegates

Our radio station website has a different page for each radio program, each dj wants to edit their own page.

I thought by inviting them as delegates would give them access to do it, but either it doesn't, or it is not obvious how to do it, once they accept delegation.

Does anyone know how how to allow others to edit the webpage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @eliud,

Welcome to the Community!

Delegate access assignment will not give a user the ability to edit the content of a hosting plan (that's through FTP) or the editing of the Website Builders. Delegate permission is only designed for account control (renewals, purchases, cancellations, etc) and Domain controls (DNS changes). It does not provide for addition or removal of payment methods, or cancellation of protected registration on domains.

If you want another party to edit the newer Website Builder versions, they would need full access to your account. Unless you have a trusted web-developer or designer to help, GoDaddy does not recommend this option. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@eliud 

Delegated access in GoDaddy gives them access to your entire GoDaddy account - not just a specific product within it - are you using the website builder / WordPress or something else??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Using website builder, I gave them access two of them at lowest level and one at middle level.

None have been able to enter the editing portal.

Need the path of "commands" (clicks) to open webpage editor

@eliud 

Are you referring to this screen when you talk about providing access at different levels....

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 11.51.41 AM.png

Assuming it is, they would have to first log into their own GoDaddy account and then via https://account.godaddy.com/access they would be able to "switch" to your account, but as I said they would have access to your entire account / entire website not just a specific page within website builder.

The person with Products & Domains would have access to the website builder - the others would only have access to the domains in your account

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @eliud,

Welcome to the Community!

Delegate access assignment will not give a user the ability to edit the content of a hosting plan (that's through FTP) or the editing of the Website Builders. Delegate permission is only designed for account control (renewals, purchases, cancellations, etc) and Domain controls (DNS changes). It does not provide for addition or removal of payment methods, or cancellation of protected registration on domains.

If you want another party to edit the newer Website Builder versions, they would need full access to your account. Unless you have a trusted web-developer or designer to help, GoDaddy does not recommend this option. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post