• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

HELP NEEDED - Using paypal for card payments without paypal account

a few customers are cancelling orders because they don't have a paypal account and paypal wont allow them to process the payment without setting up a paypal account, which they don't want to do. I have looked at paypal terms and they say this can be done? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Re: HELP NEEDED - Using paypal for card payments without paypal account

Hi @chris-tub,

Yes, configuring Paypal can be a bit of a pain.  You might find a service like BrainTree (it is a PayPal company) very useful.  It helps take a lot of the tech knowledge and configuration settings and put it into a more user friendly interface.

https://articles.braintreepayments.com/

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hi James,

Thanks for the info, I will have a look into it and fingers crossed I can sort it.

Cheers

Hi James, @JMPepper

Can Braintree be added to Godaddy sites?

Cheers

Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Hi @chris-tub,

In most cases yes.  It can be included as a script in at the top of a page or there are plugins for CMS / WP.  

Here is a link:

https://www.braintreepayments.com/features/seamless-checkout/drop-in-ui

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Helper III
    Solution

@chris-tub, If they are paying thru your website, yes, they need a Paypal account. (This is for security reasons to protect all parties involved--you, purchaser, Paypal, and your company's business bank if you use one, etc. etc.)  

However! If you send them an invoice, thru your business account with Paypal, via email, they do not need an account. The link arrives in the customer's email,  they follow it thru to Paypal, then click on the c/c type they wish to use.   

I have used Paypal for years and have had no issues to date with Paypal or with client purchases. I do not sell items on my/a website, but do as a brick and mortar business.

Talk with me. Nothing is more helpful than an optimistic, truthful, and unbiased opinion. (Kudos are welcomed. Thank you!)

PayPal integration is essential while creating a ecommece website and selling items to the world. paypal integration is quite simple if you follow the proper paypal documentation, and if you are selling to globe you must register in paypal. and while testing your payment method credit card testing is must, you can generate some dummy credit card form online credit card generator tool and import into your database then start testing it'll help you to make your payment system more robust.