Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    cityscribbler
    Getting Started

Please review my website

https://odawabound.com/home

Desperately need some input on this little project! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User I

@cityscribbler 

You are off to a great start!  Nice, clean and professional looking!

Here are some comments:

=> When I go to your site and land on your homepage, there is nothing above the fold (what you see without scrolling) that tells me what you do.  Include some text about your site that let's potential customers know they are in the right place.  Plus that's an important SEO opportunity.

=> Your About page is more a "Services We Offer" page.  Your About page should talk about the story, the people and the passion behind the site.  Photos, small bios a bit of personal info humanizes your site.  People do business with people, not websites.

=> Your services (currently on the About page) are very generic.  Be more specific, link to case studies or pages that discuss other projects you have worked on.  This is the type of content you can write about in a Blog and link to from other pages on your site.  Another great SEO opportunity.

=> There are no calls to action anywhere.  Give folks a reason to reach out and guide them on how to do that.

=> I would also add a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page that goes into detail about how you do your research, what happens when you are hired, how do you bill/charge.  Answer all the questions that potential customers may have so that you can set expectations.

So at this point you have an excellent framework in place.  Now all you have to do is build out your content which will then contribute to your authority and trust with site visitors.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

2 REPLIES 2
    Muse
    Super User I

@cityscribbler 

You are off to a great start!  Nice, clean and professional looking!

Here are some comments:

=> When I go to your site and land on your homepage, there is nothing above the fold (what you see without scrolling) that tells me what you do.  Include some text about your site that let's potential customers know they are in the right place.  Plus that's an important SEO opportunity.

=> Your About page is more a "Services We Offer" page.  Your About page should talk about the story, the people and the passion behind the site.  Photos, small bios a bit of personal info humanizes your site.  People do business with people, not websites.

=> Your services (currently on the About page) are very generic.  Be more specific, link to case studies or pages that discuss other projects you have worked on.  This is the type of content you can write about in a Blog and link to from other pages on your site.  Another great SEO opportunity.

=> There are no calls to action anywhere.  Give folks a reason to reach out and guide them on how to do that.

=> I would also add a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page that goes into detail about how you do your research, what happens when you are hired, how do you bill/charge.  Answer all the questions that potential customers may have so that you can set expectations.

So at this point you have an excellent framework in place.  Now all you have to do is build out your content which will then contribute to your authority and trust with site visitors.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

Thanks a lot, I will work on this during the upcoming week. 🙂