• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    locko
    New

Want to build a simple shop. Suggestions on where to start?

I have been with Godaddy for 20 years and the service is great. Can this bulletin board help? I want to establish a simple shop for a nonpprofit historical aviaton group. We have a captive market so I do not want blg advertising. We do not need videos and super sound. I have about 50 products and we want the shop to have an inventory which is serves as a stockbook so each product has a catalogue entry with picture and number in stock. It needs paypal and credit card as well as bank transfer payment. Every self-service site for shops that I try I get bogged down by the gadgetry. I can only afford say $500 +Australian dollars but think it should be possible to set up something like this very easily. Do any Godaddies have a good contact for this? ahsanewsouthwales@gmail.com

2 REPLIES 2
    PL281
    Super User IV

@locko 

I found your current HTML site. Based on what you are describing - while the Websites + Marketing Platform would hit the cost numbers I'm not 100% certain on all the payment options as well as it maybe to limited in the commerce functionality for what you need.

I would recommend WordPress - You can do this on the cPanel server you already have or GoDaddy does have a Managed WordPress hosting package as well. 

WooCommerce which is the commerce plugin does have many features / options but I think the core plugin will give you what you are looking for.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281 Thank you, really appreciate it
    Tom Lockley
    0403 615 134....