• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

What's with GoDaddy's customer support?

I have a story to go with this question. I have tried to get help from GoDaddy multiple times, last time I was told wait 28 minutes for a chat and it took over an hour and by then the customer support was already closed and I tried to call, but for some reason it couldn't find my business phone number. This time the support was still no good. Unfriendly, unprofessional, and untimely responses. I was quoted 8 min and waited 15 minutes before I got a reply. I had to lead the conversation and double text after the second 5 minutes with no reply. They basically told me there was no way to fix my site but I can try the phone support as they cannot help me. I've had great experiences with the website and services but I've never had good experiences with their support teams. If you read the conversation I try to ask about what I need to do to make my site more optimal for my clients (please if you have any other advice let me know!) TIAss1.pngss2.pngss3.pngss4.pngss5.pngss6.pngss7.pngss8.pngss9.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: What's with GoDaddy's customer support?

Hi @lizofears and @bgreene75013,

Welcome to the Community.

Please keep in mind this is a community forum rather than an official GoDaddy Customer Support channel. Users here don't have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account-specific issues, or with problems concerning support itself. While we're sorry to hear that you've not been able to resolve your issues yet with the GoDaddy customer support team, this forum is intended to have users (like yourselves) help other users through product use. We encourage you to post your specific issue in the correct forum thread, so that you can work with other users to a resolution with your domain, hosting or email product. 

Please be advised that we do not allow members to reproduce their chat conversations here on the forum. This is to keep forum posts as broadly relevant as possible, so it can help other people. You can provide a short summary of the chat if you wish, but copying and pasting a transcript is just not a good fit for a forum post. That is why your screenshots of the chat were removed. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted

GoDaddy hosting products and support have been very unreliable over the last several months. We paid GoDaddy to migrate several websites from one hosting product to another, and their service shut down several sites for several days. The new cPanel hosting account is pitiful. It turns out that when they migrated the sites, they moved them to a server in Singapore even though the client sites are all in the US. Then, they wanted more money to move the sites to another NA server. I am very disappointed.

Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Full disclosure @lizofears, I don't use GoDaddy chat support. My general preference is to speak to a live person. I appreciate GoDaddy live phone support, that's one of the reasons I choose GoDaddy and appreciate their customer service. That being said I don't envy your interaction with chat support as it reads a bit lacking.

From reading the chat you provided it seems as though you had not authenticated into your account? It appears that chat support had no indication what account you were speaking of? It is a more difficult task to provide service when the representative does not have account insight.

Perhaps the thing to do is authenicate into your account so that the representative helping can have access to your account information? That would help with questions like "What hosting plan do you have?" It also helps if your logged into your account so you can say which hosting plan to which you are referring in the case you have multiple hostings or domains on your account.

I was able to visit your website and I enjoyed a quick load time. I also ran it through several sites testers and everything seemed to be fine, though on the low end. I typically use PageSpeed Insights by Google but there are others out there. I would encourage you to contact support to help you. When you are dealing with shared hosting not all servers are created equal. I hope that helps? Please come back and let us know your results.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted
    Solution

Hi @lizofears and @bgreene75013,

Welcome to the Community.

Please keep in mind this is a community forum rather than an official GoDaddy Customer Support channel. Users here don't have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account-specific issues, or with problems concerning support itself. While we're sorry to hear that you've not been able to resolve your issues yet with the GoDaddy customer support team, this forum is intended to have users (like yourselves) help other users through product use. We encourage you to post your specific issue in the correct forum thread, so that you can work with other users to a resolution with your domain, hosting or email product. 

Please be advised that we do not allow members to reproduce their chat conversations here on the forum. This is to keep forum posts as broadly relevant as possible, so it can help other people. You can provide a short summary of the chat if you wish, but copying and pasting a transcript is just not a good fit for a forum post. That is why your screenshots of the chat were removed. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post