I've had a backordered domain set up for a few years now with no luck as yet. I've found a domain that is available. Assuming I would give up waiting for the original backordered domain, what would happen if I changed the backorder to a domain that I know is available? Would I be better off just purchasing the available domain and forget about changing the backorder? If I changed the backorder to an available domain, would it purchase that domain? If the available domain cost more annually (i.e. $49) than I paid for the backorder credit (i.e. $35), do I have to pay the difference? If the annual cost of the available domain is reduced for the first year ($2.99), will I receive a credit (i.e. $32.01) if my backorder credit (i.e. $35) is applied or do I forfeit the balance? Does any of this make any sense? I don't want to lose the $35 backorder credit if I switch my domain to an available one. I guess I don't know what happens when a backordered domain becomes available.
Hey @ZekeDeEspanada. Thanks for posting. I'll do my best to answer all your questions:
Hope that helps.