Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    boost
    New

Is this a legit offer?

Hi, 

Can someone please tell me if this is a scam or is it a legitimate offer?

And what to expect next?

Thank you for your kind help.

======================================================

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 1:34 PM GoDaddy <donotreply@godaddy.com> wrote:
    24/7 Support: 1-866-938-1119

Someone's interested in your domain.
    We received a request from someone who'd like to contact you regarding
    your domain, which you registered through GoDaddy. We are required to
    forward these types of requests to you. While you are not under any obligation to
    respond, feel free to do so.

Here is their message to you:
    I am interested in purchasing this domain. Please respond if you are
    interested in selling.

To respond directly to the requester, simply reply to this email.

Copyright © 1999-2020 GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC. 14455 N. Hayden Rd, Ste. 219, Scottsdale, AZ
    85260 USA. All rights reserved.

======================================================================================

Subject: Re: Someone Asked About Your Domain.
    Date: Thu, November 26, 2020 9:24 am
    To:

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest in my domain
    Yes I am interested in selling this domain.
    Please feel free to ask if you need any further information regarding the domain.

Thank you

Kind Regards

=======================================================================================

RE: Someone Asked About Your Domain.
    2 messages
    ashimoto@kagoya.org <ashimoto@kagoya.org> Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 4:38 PM

This is the certified GoDaddy offer now. The buyer is obligated to purchase.

My name is E. Hashimura. I represent your buyer.

My client offers $XXXX (US dollars).

Your domain is SEO friendly and will be used to generate traffic to his new web project (over 2M usd
    worth).

You will get 50% before the domain transfer and 50% after. The buyer will pay you via the Escrow.com
    or Swiss Escrow service. You can be paid via wire, Paypal, Bitcoin, check or any other method you
    prefer.

My commission is XX%

To communicate faster install Telegram Messenger on your smartphone. The send me your Telegram
    user name (nickname after @ ).

Then join my Domain Sale Chat by clicking this link in Telegram https://t.me/sedosales. Add me to your
    contacts.

To proceed with the sale, the buyer requires certification of compliance with Japanese law and
    trademarks because he runs this project in Japan and it's required by the local law and his Japanese
    investors.

Please note this is not a SSL certificate. I hope you understand it. He also need a copy in Japanese for
    his investors.

I chatted with SEDO and Godady. They said they don't verify legal restrictions for Japan and don't
    translate in Japanese.

But they may recommend a site where you can certify for Japan securely.

Do you need help with the certification? If you need help please send me email with subject "I need
    certification instructions for Japan" and text "Please send instructions". I will resend to SEDO/Godaddy
    and they will send you the further instructions where to get the certificate.

E Hashimura
    Vice President
    Investor Relations
    GMO Cloud Hosting K a g o y a Ltd.

=====================================================================================

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @boost,

Welcome to the Community!

While selling a domain can be tempting, this has red flags all over it. GoDaddy uses Payee setups in your account to pay you and it is paid completely (not 50%/50%) using one of the options provided there. Choices will depend on whether you are inside the US (ACH, Paper Check, PayPal, Wire transfer) or outside the US (eCheck, PayPal, Wire Transfer). No BitCoin.

You should always check the email header (see your email client for instruction on how to do this) to see the true sender of the email message. While it says to reply to their message, they post a "donotreply" godaddy address. It is likely going back to another sender.

GoDaddy agents will never tell you the buyer's name (the service is confidential) and will tell you theirs - as a GoDaddy agent. To learn more about being a seller to a Domain Broker Service agent, please read this article

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support
    4 REPLIES 4
    PL281
    Super User IV

@boost 

I would be very hesitant of this. The fact that they are using Escrow.com is a positive - but I don't recall what their policies are in terms of releasing domains and also verifying funds etc. 

Also as the seller why should it be on you to get the compliance information

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

boost
    New

Thank you for your reply PL281. Yeah I am hesistant too.
    I am getting mixed flags from their email so I am not sure if they are legit.

Like you said, its a positive that they are using Escrow.
    The other thing is, the first mail was from godaddy server.
    They also have a working website kagoya.jp

Also, is this true that "Godaddy don't verify legal restrictions for Japan and don't translate in Japanese. But they may recommend a site where you can certify for Japan securely."

It will be great if Godaddy can confirm these things.

Thank you for helping me sort this out.

Hi @boost,

Welcome to the Community!

While selling a domain can be tempting, this has red flags all over it. GoDaddy uses Payee setups in your account to pay you and it is paid completely (not 50%/50%) using one of the options provided there. Choices will depend on whether you are inside the US (ACH, Paper Check, PayPal, Wire transfer) or outside the US (eCheck, PayPal, Wire Transfer). No BitCoin.

You should always check the email header (see your email client for instruction on how to do this) to see the true sender of the email message. While it says to reply to their message, they post a "donotreply" godaddy address. It is likely going back to another sender.

GoDaddy agents will never tell you the buyer's name (the service is confidential) and will tell you theirs - as a GoDaddy agent. To learn more about being a seller to a Domain Broker Service agent, please read this article

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hi @TLH ,

Thank you for the explanation and for clearing my doubt.

Really appreciate your time and efforts.

Kind Regards

boost