• Buying & Selling Domains

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Hmadams1
    Getting Started

New to GoDaddy Auction

I recently bought a domain name on GoDaddy over a week ago, I only wish to sell the name - I have no website or email to go with the name.  I have just uploaded the domain name on GoDaddy Auction.  I've just thought if I can do this, I was not sure if I have to wait a while until I can re sell or if I can sell immediately.  I am very new to buying and selling domains  and not of the step by step process, if anybody can give advise to a complete novice but sure it will all make sense soon.

2 REPLIES 2
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

The reality is that you can sell a domain at anytime @Hmadams1 but domains that have just been updated cannot be readily transferred. You can't transfer your domain if it's within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, if a 60-day lock was applied after updating domain contact information, or if your domain has Ownership Protection.

If you have a 60-day lock perhaps you'd consider having a longer auction duration? I tend to wait until my domains are 'ripe' before I list them. If you don't have transfer restrictions I find that domains go quicker. Note that domain changes may reset your 60-day counter. Make sure that your default information is correct so that any domain purchases will be registered to your preferences. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Hi @rd 

I'm also new to selling domains and I have just transferred all my blockchain domain names, including other pearls, here to sell them via auction.

I've had some domains over 20 years, but have now decided to sell them all.

I was going to sell all the blockchain key trustee names as one block, but I'm not sure whether selling those 17 blockchain domains as one "block" would be better or not. Anyhow, I digress.

I know all my domains have basic privacy set up, and I do want to create a different email address for all these domains before I take basic privacy off, so would the following be best path in order to sell them all:

1) Update the contact information for all domains so the new email address is used

2) Take off basic privacy

3) Wait 60 days

4) Sell them via auction (7 days or 30 days, I don't really care...whatever is better I suppose)

Thanks in advance rd 🙂

Cheers

Erron