cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    boardtc
    New

Public service site used by schools worldwide grabbed in backorder

Regarding the public service domain greatpacificgarbagepatch.info, which I had for 10 years, it was used as a resource by schools all over the world.

My isp went out of business and I was not able to renew it before it expired recently, one of your customers snagged this domain on a backorder.

Please, can you see if they will release it back to me and I will cover their costs. I'm sure your customer would not dent school kids a resource.

Please can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @boardtc. Thanks for taking the time to share your situation. I'm sorry to hear you lost access to a domain that was obviously important to you. Looking at external records, it looks like greatpacificgarbagepatch.info expired in October (with Enom) and was probably picked up in November. 

At this point, your best chance of getting in touch with the current registrant of the domain is to use the "contact domain holder" button when you look up the domain on our WHOIS page. Beyond that, we also offer a Domain Broker Service if you want to try to purchase the domain from the current registrant. 

Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues.

I hope this helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    1 REPLY 1
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @boardtc. Thanks for taking the time to share your situation. I'm sorry to hear you lost access to a domain that was obviously important to you. Looking at external records, it looks like greatpacificgarbagepatch.info expired in October (with Enom) and was probably picked up in November. 

At this point, your best chance of getting in touch with the current registrant of the domain is to use the "contact domain holder" button when you look up the domain on our WHOIS page. Beyond that, we also offer a Domain Broker Service if you want to try to purchase the domain from the current registrant. 

Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues.

I hope this helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.