cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy is spamming me with "These domains are up for renewal" emails every week

I currently have over 100+ domains registered with GoDaddy and every week I am now receiving what I can only call SPAM at this point telling me " These domains are up for renewal. "

Since I have well over 100 domains I get one email like this for nearly each and every domain I have with GoDaddy.

And I've started receiving these spammy emails from GoDaddy once a week.  I'm starting to get really annoyed by these emails and was told I can't turn this notifications off? Why?

All my domains are already set to auto renew and I am still receiving these spammy emails every week for each domain that I own that I already have set to auto renew anyway. In December 2018 I received over 600 emails from GoDaddy just about: These domains are up for renewal.

Someone from GoDaddy please tell me how to stop receiving these unwanted email reminders for domains that I already have set to renew at GoDaddy.

If you can't do that I'm happy to take my hundreds of domains and annual renewal fees to another provider that won't keep email spamming me every **bleep** week.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

Re: GoDaddy is spamming me with "These domains are up for renewal" emails every week

Hey there @loftybits,

Thanks for being a part of the community!

I understand the frustration but there is no way to stop renewal emails for a very specific reason. When I was a call center agent at GoDaddy, I can't tell you how many screaming customers called in because they didn't receive a renewal email and they had to pay a redemption fee of some sort to get their domain/site back up and running.

While I understand it's frustrating, this is done for your benefit so you don't lose a potentially profitable domain. You can set a filter up in your email client of choice to push those emails to a separate folder automatically so they don't clog up your main inbox.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: GoDaddy is spamming me with "These domains are up for renewal" emails every week

At what point does it become spam and annoying then? 

Send me one or two notices a year. That's fine. You are sending me hundreds of emails week after week for domains I ALEADY HAVE SET TO AUTO RENEW. 

Maybe if you emailed me every day instead? How about spam me by the hour?

A better solution would be for you to allow me to turn off these annoying emails rather than filtering emails on my side,

Not a great answer to be honest, so still an annoyed customer over here.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @loftybits,

So sorry that you're frustrated with us! I'd love to talk with you about this if you're willing to jump on a call. Please confirm and I'll touch base with you. Thanks much!

Rachel

I have the same question, and the same situation.

godaddy refuses to STOP sneding these Pain in the (...) reminders, once a day, for each domain, every day.

Same as you, I am considering to change ISP and Hosting service provider, moving all my domain names out of godaddy, which is what godaddy is forcing me to do, by refusing to STOP.

godaddy should let us decide and select, IF we want or do NOT want to be reminded on DOmain Name Registration renewals, or renewing any other service; and by selecting NO RENEWAL REMINDERS option, would release godaddy from any responsability if the customer does not renew, and looses the domain name or whatever was not renewed on time.

As simple as that.

As I said, and as many others, I insist, that this actions done by godaddy, FAR from having me renewing my services, will end up in making me LEAVE godaddy and use another ISP and Donain name Registration Service in ANOTHER company. SO godaddy should edit and DELETE the term on the service agreement, which allows godaddy to spam us every single day, for every single domain name or service is within 5 - FIVE! months of the renewal date... period.

Hi Rachel... Would it be possible form me, same as with the other godaddy customer who is complaining?

thank you

Hi Rachel

Yes, I am available to speak with you about this issue by phone anytime this week. Please reach out to me directly on my mobile number in my GoDaddy account profile and I am happy to discuss this issue with you further to hopefully find better solutions for customers like myself and @Apostillados and others who own many domains with GoDaddy but who are receiving far too many email notifications and unwanted reminders from GD.

Thanks

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @loftybits & @Apostillados,

Sorry that I'm just seeing your messages now! Would you please send me a private message through the Community with your email addresses and I'll get in touch with you early next week. Thanks so much! I look forward to talking with you. 

Rachel