cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Transfer denied for 60 days?

Hello all,

I have just purchased a domain name with GoDaddy, I then purchased hosting from UK2 net

I visit GoDaddy to transfer my domain over and they have put a random 60 day hold on my domain.

This is now preventing me use the hosing I have just paid for as well as stopping me launch my new site.

How do I resolve this issue, get my domain transferred, and use the hosting on UK2 that I've paid for?

Thank you guys,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Stealth_303,

Welcome to the Community!

The governing body for domain registrations, ICANN, will lock all domains from transferring - at ALL registrars - for 60 days following registration, transfer or registrant update. However, you can still use the new domain right now at your remote host with two options.

1. Your new host can provide you the IP address for the server there, on which your website resides. Then you can update the A record in the DNS at GoDaddy to point it to that server. 

2. Your new host may want you to use their namesevers to direct to their hosting. If they supply you with these nameservers, you can update them on the domain in the GoDaddy account.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I have just seen this:

Domains are not eligible for transfer to another registrar if they are within 60 days of registration.

This wasn't made clear when I purchased the domain. Please could someone explain how to get my domain released.

Thank you

Hi @Stealth_303,

Welcome to the Community!

The governing body for domain registrations, ICANN, will lock all domains from transferring - at ALL registrars - for 60 days following registration, transfer or registrant update. However, you can still use the new domain right now at your remote host with two options.

1. Your new host can provide you the IP address for the server there, on which your website resides. Then you can update the A record in the DNS at GoDaddy to point it to that server. 

2. Your new host may want you to use their namesevers to direct to their hosting. If they supply you with these nameservers, you can update them on the domain in the GoDaddy account.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post