cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain transfer away from godaddy

Hi, I have tried to transfer one of my domains but it was denied with the following reason.

What do I need to do please.

Thank you

The Order for Transfer alongwith 1 year Renewal of stockiphoto.com through was denied by GoDaddy.com, LLC, 
the Current Registrar of this Domain Name since the current Owner of the Domain Name has some pending formalities
with the Current Registrar. Please contact GoDaddy.com, LLC, the Current Registrar of this Domain Name to find out why they denied this Request.
6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain transfer away from godaddy

@HenrysCat wrote:

Hi, I have tried to transfer one of my domains but it was denied with the following reason.

What do I need to do please.

Thank you

The Order for Transfer alongwith 1 year Renewal of stockiphoto.com through was denied by GoDaddy.com, LLC, 
the Current Registrar of this Domain Name since the current Owner of the Domain Name has some pending formalities
with the Current Registrar. Please contact GoDaddy.com, LLC, the Current Registrar of this Domain Name to find out why they denied this Request.

@HenrysCat Typically this is because you updated the contact information for the domain. I see it was updated yesterday. 

---

I only removed the privacy as it says I have to for a transfer, what do I need to do now?

Did you ever get resolution on this?  I'm about to transfer a domain out, after having GoDaddy botch the paid SSL, and after realizing that my prior registrar doesn't charge for it.  I don't want to get hung, in the transfer process..

Solution

Hey there @drjohnb.

Sorry to hear about the issues you had with your SSL. Transferring your domain out should be a fairly simple process but there are some key things you will want to be aware of. If you recently transferred the domain to GoDaddy, then you would need to wait 60 days to transfer it back out. There would also be a 60 day lock if you recently updated any contact information on the domain itself. These are standard ICANN locks that we have no way of going around. For more information on transferring the domain out, you can check out this guide. 

If you do run into any issues, feel free to reach out to our live support team where they can best assist you.

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

feels like this is a total setup, as in my case, I cannot transfer out at just before my renewal. Gimme a break, I only interacted with godaddy's site and it now states I cannot transfer for 2 months, at the exact time my renewal is up.

Solution

Hi @hlalefar,

Welcome to the Community!

If you've made changes to the registrant information (not required in a transfer) you've set the domain up to be locked by ICANN for 60 days - regardless of when the domain was registered or expires. There is a warning for this 60-day lock when you make that change. If you've sold the domain, or need to move it to another party, you can still do a transfer to another GoDaddy account

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support