cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Godaddy not letting me accept transfer

We're moving one of our domains from Hostway.  I executed the domain transfer through Godaddy phone support.

After that, I received an email which states when the transfer request date was, gives some "important information"  and the says:

"To proceed with this transfer, click here to go to the transfer status page and provide the requested information."

When I go to that page, I see the transfer and it looks like I'm supposed to Accept Transfer. But when I check the domain, I can't click Accept Transfer or any other of the three selections. I get a mouse-over icon that shows I can't do anything (see below).

So now I'm not sure if the transfer is actually happening or not...

Any ideas?

Cant_ Accept_transfer.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Godaddy not letting me accept transfer

Hi @MPIUSA,

Welcome to the Community!

In most cases, if a domain shows a "Processing Transfer" status, there's no further action you need to take. Once processing, only the losing registrar can expedite the transfer. Once the correct authorization code was entered, the Registry will deliver the domain to your account in 5-7 days. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution

Hi @MPIUSA,

Welcome to the Community!

In most cases, if a domain shows a "Processing Transfer" status, there's no further action you need to take. Once processing, only the losing registrar can expedite the transfer. Once the correct authorization code was entered, the Registry will deliver the domain to your account in 5-7 days. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New

Thanks! I ended up calling in to Godaddy too and talking to a tech support rep.

He did some digging to confirm that the date I authorized the transfer was 12 Jan and that no further action was needed by me.

I suggested the UI for the Domain Transfer page be adjusted a bit. It doesn't totally reflect the status in Godaddy's backend for this (which is apparently called "status 6" if I remember rightly).

If it did, the UI would probably just show a greyed out set of buttons and/or a status like "Awaiting transfer from current registrar".  

Anyway, looks like all is proceeding on this and the whole issue was just a bit of miscommunication/unclear user interface.