cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import a domain into my GoDaddy account from another GoDaddy account belonging to a 3rd party

I have two domain names that are registered with Godaddy through my current hosting company which is not Godaddy. I have now opened a Godaddy account myself and would like to transfer the two domain names from the Godaddy account of my hosting company to my own Godaddy account but keep the other current hosting company for the time being. Is this possible and how do I go about it?

4 REPLIES 4
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: How to import a domain into my GoDaddy account from another GoDaddy account belonging to a 3rd p

@yohannie Here you have this and this, which explains step by step how to do that.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

Re: How to import a domain into my GoDaddy account from another GoDaddy account belonging to a 3rd p

@jpablo wrote:

@yohannie Here you have this and this, which explains step by step how to do that.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the response. But then these instructions pertain to the situation whereby I would like to transfer a domain name from my Godaddy account to another Godaddy account. I am looking for a reverse solution i.e. I have opened a new Godaddy account (my first ever with Godaddy) and I would like to transfer my two domains to this account FROM another Godaddy account that does NOT belong to me.

Helper VI
Helper VI

@yohannie that's what you need. Only that you have to initiate the process from the account that holds the domains.

If you do not have access to that account, you should contact support and ask them what you can do.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

Hi @yohannie,

It sounds like the domains you want to move into your new GoDaddy account are currently in an account for which you have a hosting plan-- but don't have access. The folks that own that account (with your domains) need to be the ones that initiate the Change of Account as per the instructions provided in the other reply.

You will need to provide the owners of the account with your domains with your email address. They can then start the process, sending you codes through the system that you will enter in your new account. The domains will move within minutes of this action.

You can use this in your account to complete the action...

https://www.godaddy.com/help/accepting-domain-account-changes-1670?q=%231670&topic=account-managemen...

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support