cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to transfer my domain from other service provide to godaddy

Hello,

Can anyone help me??

I have recently started my blog with my domain name:-  askpankajverma.com on other hosting platform. Now I want to get it transfer to GoDaddy.

Please share the process.

Regards,

Pankaj Verma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@PankajVerma2032 

There are 2 different answers to your question

1) Domain Registration Transfer - this would just be a matter of purchasing the domain transfer and then putting in the auth codes - You may have to unlock the domain in SiteGround - Also as it looks like this is a new domain you may have a 60 day window before you can transfer this 

This is ONLY the domain, not the hosting.

2) Hosting - This is where you would move the files from SiteGround to GoDaddy - https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting I recommend the Ultimate Plan

Just to explain though - this is a MANAGED service vs a cPanel service - meaning that other than PHP version, GoDaddy is managing all the settings behind the scenes for you. SiteGround is giving you a cPanel server where you can make many more tweaks to - both are technically "shared" but cPanel vs Managed is apples to oranges

Hope this helps

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@PankajVerma2032 

There are 2 different answers to your question

1) Domain Registration Transfer - this would just be a matter of purchasing the domain transfer and then putting in the auth codes - You may have to unlock the domain in SiteGround - Also as it looks like this is a new domain you may have a 60 day window before you can transfer this 

This is ONLY the domain, not the hosting.

2) Hosting - This is where you would move the files from SiteGround to GoDaddy - https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting I recommend the Ultimate Plan

Just to explain though - this is a MANAGED service vs a cPanel service - meaning that other than PHP version, GoDaddy is managing all the settings behind the scenes for you. SiteGround is giving you a cPanel server where you can make many more tweaks to - both are technically "shared" but cPanel vs Managed is apples to oranges

Hope this helps

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post