cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Moving purchased domain, not in my name, to GoDaddy

Hello GoDaddy Experts - your help, appreciated.

I purchased a domain name from Flippa.  The domain is not currently with GoDaddy.

What is the GoDaddy process I need to follow to bring the purchased domain to my current GoDaddy account, please?

I found this --> https://au.godaddy.com/help/transfer-my-domain-to-godaddy-1592

.. but was not sure it was correct, as the domain I have purchased is still in the sellers name, not mine.

Thanks for your advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Moving purchased domain, not in my name, to GoDaddy

Hi @PaulPay
That's a good article to use in order to complete the transfer of the domain to your account with GoDaddy.

You will first need to purchase a transfer in the GoDaddy account where you are moving the domain. The seller of the domain will need to unlock the domain, provide you the authorization code from their registrar and send GoDaddy's codes back to you (they get sent upon your purchase to the administrative email address on the domain). Once you have the codes, use the article to complete the move.

Hope this helps!

TLH

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Re: Moving purchased domain, not in my name, to GoDaddy

Hi @TLH - Thank you! I followed your instructions and it worked, the domain transferred very quickly, too.  I thought it took a couple of weeks but it was done in about 10 mins.  Great service, thanks.