cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer Away from Godaddy / Get Authorization Code (Disabled)

I want to transfer a domain (and eventually all of my domains) away from Godaddy, and I've got into the domain I want to transfer, but I can't get an authorisation code because it's saying this:

So I can't get an authorisation code, even though my domain was registered YEARS ago, and it's unlocked. So, what gives? Godaddy's Live Chat is offline (as usual) and I don't have time at work to sit on the phone with someone. So if anyone could give me some help it'd be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.

7 REPLIES 7
Employee
Employee

Re: Transfer Away from Godaddy / Get Authorization Code (Disabled)

HI @bigfriendlygeek

Thank you for your post. The status may be due to a recent contact change to the domain or status change to the domain (Active to inactive) 

If you are unaware of any changes or updates to the domain please contact our customer support line and our agent will be happy to review the status of the domain as well as why the domain is not in a status to allow for transfer. 

Hope this helps!

-Techfly

Hi @TechFly,

Thank you for the response. I did update the address details, but nothing else (not the name or company name). How long will this render the domain unavailable to transfer?

Many thanks,

Matt.

Employee
Employee
Solution

HI @bigfriendlygeek

As long as the below was not modified: 

1. Updating the registrant contact's organization
2. Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed

You may send a unlock request to [REMOVED] from the contact email on file for your account. That team will review and remove the 60 day lock if possible. 

When sending your request, via email, please make sure to include the following:

1. The domain name name

2. The contact information

Most responses to the requests are addressed within 3 business days.  

Hope this helps!

-Techfly

@TechFly

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

Re: Transfer Away from Godaddy / Get Autorisation Code (Disabled)

@TechFly I did indeed get in touch with the review department and they informed me that the domain wasn't locked. I think as it's a .co.uk I can transfer the domain via nominet.

Employee
Employee

HI @bigfriendlygeek

Thank you for the response. The transfer process is indeed unique to co.uk and .uk domains. For a transfer out it will require an update to the IPS tag on the domain. 

At the gaining registrar  they will provide you with the IPS tag to update to

Once you have the appropriate IPS tag you may either contact our inbound support team and request the  IPS update to be made

or 

Alternatively, you may update the IPS by logging into your nominet profile here:

https://secure.nominet.org.uk/account/intro.html

Once updated the domain should transfer over to the new registrar within a short amount of time as long as there has been a transfer request submitted with the gaining registrar.

Here is a link to our help article in regards to the transfer ou process for co.uk and uk domains:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-uk-domains-5854#4

Hope this helps!

-Techfly 

I need an authorization code to transfer our domain - tjhra.net 

We have not changed the contact information or the first/last name, etc. The only thing we did was unlock the domain - unlocking the domain is the step before getting our Authorization code as listed by the Godaddy Support.

Now, the "Get Authorization Code" link has been disabled.

Please let me know how we can get our authorization code?

Thanks