cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Transfer domain - change IPS tag

Afternoon, 

Last year a client of mine purchased a caravan park business that ran a website at www.llaninacaravanpark.co.uk. We thought that the previous owner had done the necessary work to transfer the domain over to our hosting company. When I tried to transfer the domain over to my client I was told the invoice is still registered at GoDaddy. I have repeatedly tried to contact the previous web designer, to no avail. Is there anything you can do to change the IPS tag (been told that we do not need EPP key for this type of domain) to my hosting company TSOhost: UKWEBHOSTING and that will then transfer the domain over. 

Please let me know if you need any further information. 

M

1 REPLY 1

Re: Transfer domain - change IPS tag

Hi @amdw

The IPS tag can only be changed at the request of the party that can validate into the account. If you have no access to the account with the domain, your first step will be to get control of the domain- getting it into your own GoDaddy account. If you go to changeupdate.com, you can complete the online form and provide the necessary documentation to prove ownership to have the domain moved to your account. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support