cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer one domain between two godaddy accounts

Hi,

I'd like to transfer one domain from my godaddy account to a godaddy account of somebody else but I don't want to risk loosing all the DNS records.

Can a domain be transferred between accounts without disruptions to the domain settings (so the world and the user of the domain doesn't notice any change)?

Is that the default result or do I need to take actions to prevent the domain records from being changed in the transfer process.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Transfer one domain between two godaddy accounts

@hdvries 

My experience is when doing account transfers is the DNS settings stay as is. The foot note on this is being aware of any email / other services linked with the domain that may get disabled / cancelled as the only thing that moves is the domain itself

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Transfer one domain between two godaddy accounts

@hdvries wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to transfer one domain from my godaddy account to a godaddy account of somebody else but I don't want to risk loosing all the DNS records.

Can a domain be transferred between accounts without disruptions to the domain settings (so the world and the user of the domain doesn't notice any change)?

Is that the default result or do I need to take actions to prevent the domain records from being changed in the transfer process.

These instructions have since changed with the launch of the new domain manager. The appropriate instructions have been updated here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-my-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

---