cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why I Won't Be Transferring .com Domains to GoDaddy

To All:

This was my experience with 'chat' earlier today and my subsequent attempt to reach someone via email at the old Kudos@godaddy.com account:

I regret to say that "praise and honor received for an achievement" is not the issue here today, as might be otherwise presumed by your email 'handle'.  I ask you to review the enclosed (below) text of the 'chat' log that was generated a couple of hours ago.  In doing such, I believe it will provide some relevant insight to you as to the source of my frustration with your Customer Support 'Chat' (as well as phone support, which was similar):

[CHAT REMOVED FOR SECURITY]

As you can see, this took nearly an hour and then I spent another 20-30 min's on the phone with your Customer Support, which was nearly as frustrating.  I went through similar time-sucking machinations with your Customer Support people several years ago, which convinced me to transfer out the domains I had with you then.  That was after I had read that you had tried to correct some of your "unfair business practices", such as hijacking websites (not just domains) from some of your customers.

Things don't seem to have improved at all, and I wanted you to see a clear example of why I, and many others in the 'domain business' have a hard time with your services.  Not having an easy way to communicate with anyone of authority, especially in writing, is very frustrating and, taken to its logical conclusion, absurd.

I can't imagine any reason why I would ever consider using GoDaddy again for anything, but I felt the need to vent...

J.W.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @101Aardvarks,

We're sorry to hear that you've had an poor experience with the GoDaddy support team. GoDaddy wants all customers to have a positive experience, not the one you feel you've had  here. We'll have your feedback passed on in order to elevate our customer care. We're always looking for ways to improve and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Our customer support chat threads are not appropriate for this volunteer Community forum, so it has been removed. You're welcome to request a supervisor when your chat or call is not helping you to resolve the issue. If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, we'd encourage you to post that subject in its own thread. Another Community member may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @101Aardvarks,

We're sorry to hear that you've had an poor experience with the GoDaddy support team. GoDaddy wants all customers to have a positive experience, not the one you feel you've had  here. We'll have your feedback passed on in order to elevate our customer care. We're always looking for ways to improve and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Our customer support chat threads are not appropriate for this volunteer Community forum, so it has been removed. You're welcome to request a supervisor when your chat or call is not helping you to resolve the issue. If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, we'd encourage you to post that subject in its own thread. Another Community member may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post