cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

"Bad auth code" when trying to transfer domain out from GoDaddy

Hi there,

I have tried to transfer a domain out from GoDaddy twice now and keep getting "bad authcode, pending submit", even though I have triple checked the auth code both times and it's 100% correct. The domain does NOT have the 60 day ICANN lock on it, so it's good to go. Why is this happening? Feels like GoDaddy does this on purpose in my opinion.. Would not surprise me one bit.

I actually lost a domain this exact way about 2 years ago, because it just wasn't possible to transfer the domain due to "wrong auth code" even though it was absolutely correct... Never had this issue with other registrars, so what's going on here?

Anyone? The chat is unavailable and I'm in a foreign country at the moment so phone support is in a different language to me.

The domain is also expiring in 2 days and I want it transferred from here as I refuse to pay $24 for a .com domain and another $10 for WHOIS protection when other registrars would charge $5-$10 for both domain and protection...

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Greetings and salutations. The first thing I'd note is that you can transfer a domain to another registrar if it is in the renewal grace period. You can read more about that in Transferring Expired Domain Names. The second thing I is you seem to still have privacy enabled? If you indeed have privacy enabled you should disable privacy before attempting to transfer the domain. Check out Transfer my domain away from GoDaddy as well.

One last thing I would suggest is to contact the registrar to which you are migrating your domain. I am sure they would be more than willing to assist you in your transfer? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Greetings and salutations. The first thing I'd note is that you can transfer a domain to another registrar if it is in the renewal grace period. You can read more about that in Transferring Expired Domain Names. The second thing I is you seem to still have privacy enabled? If you indeed have privacy enabled you should disable privacy before attempting to transfer the domain. Check out Transfer my domain away from GoDaddy as well.

One last thing I would suggest is to contact the registrar to which you are migrating your domain. I am sure they would be more than willing to assist you in your transfer? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post