• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper I

Clear Facebook data

Just started to set up a new website using Website Builder. Went into: Manage Site / Site Settings / Connect Social.

Typed in the Wrong FB info and now I cannot clear that info to put in the correct info.

How do you clear the FB info when you need to change it??

Bob

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Clear Facebook data

Still trying to find the answer to this question. Been waiting for almost 2yrs now.

I cant be the only one who was wondering how to do this!!

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @TwinsburgHS. This is typically removed by logging into the Facebook account in question and removing the integration from that side. It's usually within the Apps section of your Facebook account settings. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

You may be correct. But why would I have to go into the facebook account to delete this If I typed it in wrong in Website Builder? All I want to do is correct my typing/copy mistake in Website Builder.

Bob

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@TwinsburgHS I'm not sure why there isn't a way to disconnect from this side. My guess would be that it's a requirement of integrating with Facebook. They may want to make sure apps are deauthorized out of your Facebook account if they are not being used to prevent security holes. When you add a Facebook integration, you actually need to have login access to the Facebook account, otherwise, it won't work. This helps prevent connecting to a Facebook profile based on a simple typo. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted

Thanks for the help on this. As of right now I am not able to get it corrected.

Here is exactly what happened:

1. was working on 2 websites at one time.

2. Set up the first FB section on the first site. Then moved to the second.

3. Started to set up the second one and hit ctl V and copied the wrong url into the FB section. Did not realize it till it showed the wrong FB account.

4. This also could be the problem, the FB account I'm trying to get corrected is a group account. Is this the problem?

5. I have tried to copy the correct url into the FB section but it will not let me.

Using Website builder.

Bob

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

@TwinsburgHS - The Facebook integration in Website Builder v7 (in Site Settings) will only work through a personal account. When you add the connection, it will give you options as to what pages you integrate with based on what is available in your Facebook profile. It will not integrate with group pages, only business pages.

Also, it seems like you may be referring to the Facebook widget that can be placed on a page. For those, you can simply change the URL of the page you're trying to display. This will not work for group pages as even when they are public, you still have to be logged into Facebook to see them.