• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Help! Video as Background Cover Image

Hi Everyone! From Website Builder (Slate template) I see that it is possible to insert a video as a Background Cover Image via Pages-->Home-->Header-->Cover Image-->Replace-->Stock Media-->Stock Videos...

However...I would like to upload my own video.  I noticed it does not allow me to upload anything but a .gif file and it must be under 30mb.  I finally managed to get it to meet these requirements and when I upload it, it just renders as a still picture (no video).

I have also tried uploading it to social media and selecting it from there as well, but that doesn't work either. 

Someone please help!  Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
    New

Re: Help! Video as Background Cover Image

I need the exact same help! Any answers?

I was able to speak to someone in support and they said the only videos available for background are the few that are in their stock library. I tried even a work around using a video from social media but that didn’t work either. They didn’t have a time frame of when that function would be available.

:/
    Bee
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @aspireinhealth and @Reelin. After conferring with our product team, I can confirm that we're looking into options on how to make video headers more customizable but don't have a date for when something like that might be implemented. We definitely appreciate the feedback though!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.