• GoDaddy Pro Discussions
  • GoDaddy Pro Discussions

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

I am GoDaddy Pro Plus and they don't Stand with Us

My Name is Jay and I'm a GoDaddy Pro Plus provider. My small business does around 100 sites a year or so for our clients. It's time for me to be honest about a few things with all of you regarding the GoDaddy Organization and how they are NOT here to help us all stand through the current climate.

First of all, ethically, I can no longer stand idly by while GoDaddy continuously changes the checkout carts that I send my customers. Try it for yourself. Add a domain to a cart for a customer and send it to them. The domain registration period of 1 year that you put in there for your customer, will now be changed to 5 years without your consent or theirs when they receive it, and if you don't warn them, they'll pay it unknowingly. It reflects quite poorly on us when we tell a customer its only $15 for their domain and they get a cart for $80. If you add hosting on there, GoDaddy will pop that "Free" first year email in there too, without your consent, and sometimes change that hosting to 2 years instead of the 1 year that you selected. I have brought this up to GoDaddy support teams multiple times and it has yet to be resolved or even acknowledged. This is not by mistake, is extremely unethical, and makes us, the developers, look awful and untrustworthy.

Second, multiple times now GoDaddy has stolen our rightful commission/points on carts we've sent to clients. I had a client spend over $1,000 on their hosting, security, SSL, emails, etc. and noticed that we had not received credit for it knowing they only knew what to purchase, because it was in the cart I sent. After multiple calls and hours on the phone with GoDaddy, they repeatedly stated that they weren't going to give us the credit. Finally, after raising absolute **** they eventually agreed to give us part of the commission citing that if a client checked out on their own we aren't entitled to the commission or points. Even then, they still didn't even award us all of the points. GoDaddy actively seeks out to deprive us, the developers, supposedly valued partners, of the rightful sales we earned and provided in the interest of snaking an extra profit. Yet again, an underhanded way that they are trying to sneakily scrape additional off the top, at our expense.

Third, many of us developers, if not most, develop on Mac. The fact that both the GoDaddy Pro portal and even the basic customer portal pretty much NEVER work with Safari is a bit ridiculous. You really mean to tell me that you are the largest web hosting company in the world, that refuses to optimize their own site and functions, for one of the three primary modern browsers in use by your customers and more importantly, your partners?

Fourth, after waiting an average of 30+ minutes for support every time we need something, I expect to receive support on the other end of the line, not yet another salesperson trying to upsell additional products to us and our customers, begging for permission to contact us again with more crap that we didn't ask for. These new "support personnel" that are given permission to harass Developer Partners, were neither asked for nor necessary.

Fifth, let's address the real elephant in the room. GoDaddy is without question, providing domain search lists to potential squatters. I have had no less than 10 customers within the last year alone, that have searched for their domain on the GoDaddy search tool, and if not purchased immediately, within 24-48 hours have had their domain swiped. This is not by coincidence, and these are not false positives of domain registrations that simply didn't show. I checked the WHOIS on these domains and every single one of them has been available for years if not forever, only to be snatched up within two days of a client searching it in the GoDaddy search bar. I have personally tested this on multiple occasions and it is not theory. It is fact. These domains of interest are being provided to outside sources.

At the end of the day, GoDaddy isn't all bad and honestly the customer service I get is usually pretty good once I actually get someone on the phone. The reality of the situation though, is that GoDaddy isn't showing that they are here to support any of us. They implement highly unethical practices to further enrich themselves at the detriment, quite often, of the many small businesses that trust them to help with their online presence. I genuinely hope that maybe, just maybe, this will get through to someone that actually cares about the integrity of this organization because as a developer that works with them a lot, it appears that we are all nothing more than dollar signs to be taken advantage of. #openwestand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Andy
    Community Manager

Hey Jay (@X8Marketing),

Thanks for taking the time to write all of this down and share it here. Appreciate it. I've passed your post along to the team + I'm sending you a DM.

For anyone else running into problems with GoDaddy Pro: Feel free to tag me or DM me. I can't solve account-specific issues, but I'll make sure your critical feedback and suggestions get to the right people. 👍

Andy

Senior Community Manager, GoDaddy Pro
    Need help with your account? Find 24/7 support at x.co/247support
    Browse our articles for website designers & developers on the GoDaddy Blog.
    Do you build websites for others? Try the Hub by GoDaddy Pro.
    Follow @GoDaddyPro on Twitter for helpful tips, useful links and exclusive updates.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Andy
    Community Manager

Hey Jay (@X8Marketing),

Thanks for taking the time to write all of this down and share it here. Appreciate it. I've passed your post along to the team + I'm sending you a DM.

For anyone else running into problems with GoDaddy Pro: Feel free to tag me or DM me. I can't solve account-specific issues, but I'll make sure your critical feedback and suggestions get to the right people. 👍

Andy

Senior Community Manager, GoDaddy Pro
    Need help with your account? Find 24/7 support at x.co/247support
    Browse our articles for website designers & developers on the GoDaddy Blog.
    Do you build websites for others? Try the Hub by GoDaddy Pro.
    Follow @GoDaddyPro on Twitter for helpful tips, useful links and exclusive updates.

View solution in original post