cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    CJ3
    New

Footer menu

I'm using wp with the Reseller Theme I'm trying to make the footer menu show in a row instead of a column, is there a way to do that? I don't know anything about child or coding.

Could someone Please look at my site and tell me how I can fix the footer the Home and cart is going in a Column I'm wanting it in Rows. If and when I can get it the way I want it I will put the rest of of it on there. Here is my site  

y2x.de2.myftpupload.com I'm still working on it.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ablake
    Community Manager

Hey @CJ3 

This should do what you're looking for:

/* horizontal footer menu */

.footer-menu ul.menu li {
    display: inline;
    list-style-type: none;
    padding: 0 10px;
    }

This CSS selects the footer menu list and tells it to display on one line, removes the bullet points, and adds some padding between the page names so they're not scrunched together.

You can add this code by managing your site in WordPress and going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

Custom code is typically outside the scope for our support guides, but you can often find assistance here in the community, so feel free to keep coming back with questions. 🙂

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
    Maria_Jonas
    Getting Started

Will you please share the link to your website? and yes, modifications are possible but for that, you should know coding or consult your developer to do the same.

I don’t know coding and Godaddy will not help but yet I was told that Godaddy made the wp the way it is. Thank you for getting back to me Try this cause I haven’t made it live yet 3x1.29bmyftpupload.com

There is a problem with the opening website. Can you please attach a screenshot of the footer and home page.

and if you don't know the coding, I advise you to hire or paid a developer to do the little change in your website.

@Maria_Jonas This is what my footer looks like and I don't know how to fix it.Thank you   Screenshot_2021-01-04 reliable website hosting, email, and affordable domain prices .png

Hey, This may be changed by modifying the Div value and some minor changes in CSS (if required)

you can hire someone who can do this for you at nominal charges.

ablake
    Community Manager

Hey @CJ3 

This should do what you're looking for:

/* horizontal footer menu */

.footer-menu ul.menu li {
    display: inline;
    list-style-type: none;
    padding: 0 10px;
    }

This CSS selects the footer menu list and tells it to display on one line, removes the bullet points, and adds some padding between the page names so they're not scrunched together.

You can add this code by managing your site in WordPress and going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

Custom code is typically outside the scope for our support guides, but you can often find assistance here in the community, so feel free to keep coming back with questions. 🙂

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help but I have already hired someone from Godaddy to fix it for me. Thank you anyway though 
    ablake
    Community Manager

That's awesome, @CJ3!

They'll be able to help you with more than just the footer menu. Glad you found a solution. 🙂