cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    hafis58
    New

Reseller storefront DNS pointing on hostinger

What CNAME  address should i point for storefront subdomain which is hosted on Hostinger?

What i had given was cdrapplication.secureserver.net so the problem was the navigation menu urls are all directing to default url only and not to my subdomain. 

Should i use subdomain along with storefront plugin only? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ablake
    Community Manager

Hey @hafis58,

You can definitely use a custom subdomain with the standard storefront, and we recommend it.

I hope this issue has resolved since your post, but in case it hasn't, the only thing I can think that may cause this is not having the subdomain added in the Standard Storefront Domain area. (Step 3 in this article: https://www.godaddy.com/help/use-a-custom-domain-for-my-reseller-storefront-5040)

That should be done as well as the DNS update at Hostinger. If you checked the navigation shortly after doing that, it may not have updated yet. It can take around 3 hours for the server cache to clear & reflect any updates to your storefront. Other than that, browser cache might be a factor too. 

If all that's done and your navigation links are still going to the default URL, you should contact support so they can check everything for you.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    ablake
    Community Manager

Hey @hafis58,

You can definitely use a custom subdomain with the standard storefront, and we recommend it.

I hope this issue has resolved since your post, but in case it hasn't, the only thing I can think that may cause this is not having the subdomain added in the Standard Storefront Domain area. (Step 3 in this article: https://www.godaddy.com/help/use-a-custom-domain-for-my-reseller-storefront-5040)

That should be done as well as the DNS update at Hostinger. If you checked the navigation shortly after doing that, it may not have updated yet. It can take around 3 hours for the server cache to clear & reflect any updates to your storefront. Other than that, browser cache might be a factor too. 

If all that's done and your navigation links are still going to the default URL, you should contact support so they can check everything for you.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

hafis58
    New

I'm using reseller plugin. In the reseller control center i need to write the subdomain but i don't know the DNS details of default storefront.