cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea when the GoDaddy windows servers will update their .net framework to version 4.6.2?

Any idea when the GoDaddy windows servers will update their .net framework to version 4.6.2 (the now current version)?  I host a DotNetNuke site and I would like to keep it's version as current as possible but that requires the most current .net framework.  Don't know if there are other developers out there that this is important to but if there are please help me let GoDaddy know that we'd like this updated a little more often.

My thanks to GoDaddy for what has always been outstanding service.  Just wish this little item could be addressed.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Any idea when the GoDaddy windows servers will update their .net framework to version 4.6.2?

Hey @hwmillerjr,

First let me say welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

I haven't heard any officially announced plans, but I have passed along this feedback to be sure it's being taken into consideration with the planning of future updates our developers are working on for our Windows based hosting plans. Appreciate you taking the time to bring this up. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Any idea when the GoDaddy windows servers will update their .net framework to version 4.6.2?

Thanks CG.

Hi,

I am thinking of signing up for a Windows hosting plan, but the lack of support for a more up to date .NET Framework versions has me a little concerned.  This question had been asked a few months ago, and I am surprised to find that the latest version of the .NET Framework offered by GoDaddy on the Windows hosting plans is just over 3 years old.

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I can see, 4.5.2 is the most current version offered by GoDaddy which was released May, 2014.

Can anyone please provide any more details about the status of updating to the current version of the .NET Framework?  I am on the fence about whether to go with GoDaddy for Windows hosting (I currently have Linux CPanel which works very well) or look somewhere else.

Thanks.