cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth overage

I signed up for web hosting a couple of weeks ago and all the marketing materials said "unlimited bandwidth."  I figured there would be a reasonable limit since the service is inexpensive, which is fine.

However, I inadvertently did a lot of ftp uploading to my site and it was shut down for exceeding its supposedly unlimited bandwidth.  Without any warning and with no recourse.  I am told that my site will be down until the end of the billing cycle which is several weeks away.

What kind of nonsense is this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bandwidth overage

Hey @dssilver

Sorry to hear this happened. Sounds like something else may have been occurring within the account to have registered a large amount of bandwidth. Have you tried reaching our to our live support so they can look into the account further and help get the status restored so you can use it? 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Bandwidth overage

Thanks for responding.  I spent quite a long time, actually, with chat support.  It seemed to take forever for the rep to even understand and confirm what I was talking about.  I had to tell him how to check the bandwidth usage.  He said all was well when in fact my account was completely stopped.  Ultimately, he said there was nothing he could do and that was that.

Fortunately, things reset on Jan 1 rather than after 30 days.  I wasn't sure, since this was a new account.  So all is well now.  I'm still a little confused about why the product states it has unlimited bandwidth when it is clearly limited.  It's inexpensive, so I can't really complain, but it doesn't make sense.

Thanks again.