cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Baphijmm
New

Classic Hosting: Update--what's the easiest way to update to cPanel?

Hey there! I was hoping to put Joomla on my website, but it looks like this isn't presently allowed on Classic Hosting. So, as much as I truly, utterly abhor cPanel, it looks like I've got to update that hosting. Is there an "easy" way to do this yet? Considering, you know, Classic Hosting isn't technically supported anymore, so y'all should be creating an easy change path anyway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User II

@Baphijmm 

GoDaddy is working through the servers and migrating them to cPanel - I've had a couple of servers done already - Since I'm an end user I can't speak to timeline etc.

The Linux servers do offer Plesk or just shell access if you prefer - I think in those cases you would need to do the migration yourself.

Besides for being newer hardware - the servers also have newer versions of apache, PHP and many other underlying software that are more secure and run faster.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User II

@Baphijmm 

GoDaddy is working through the servers and migrating them to cPanel - I've had a couple of servers done already - Since I'm an end user I can't speak to timeline etc.

The Linux servers do offer Plesk or just shell access if you prefer - I think in those cases you would need to do the migration yourself.

Besides for being newer hardware - the servers also have newer versions of apache, PHP and many other underlying software that are more secure and run faster.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post