cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden 403 Error - New WordPress site

Hi,

I purchased my domain name from GoDaddy last month with the intention of moving it over to another host. I decided to buy hosting from GoDaddy today as I didn't want to wait 60 days to transfer. 

I *tried* setting it up today but keep getting Forbidden 403 Error when I go to WP-admin as well as when  I type my domain in - www.hellosarahlou.com

I have tried different browsers, switching my modem on and off, clearing caches etc with no luck. 

I even called the 24x7 support line and was told that the website is showing up on their end and they weren't able to assist me further. 

I have looked through the threads and have not found anything to help thus far. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Forbidden 403 Error - New WordPress site

The default WordPress theme is displaying for me as well...  If it were the site or the server, I would get the same error you are receiving.

What URL are you trying to access @hellosarahlou?  If you are trying to access an incorrect URL the 403 forbidden error may display due to permissions/or security reasons.  When I go directly to /wp-admin the page redirects, without error, to the default WordPress login page.

Go to /wp-login.php and see if the same happens...

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt