cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden 403 Error - New WordPress site

Hi,

I purchased my domain name from GoDaddy last month with the intention of moving it over to another host. I decided to buy hosting from GoDaddy today as I didn't want to wait 60 days to transfer. 

I *tried* setting it up today but keep getting Forbidden 403 Error when I go to WP-admin as well as when  I type my domain in - www.hellosarahlou.com

I have tried different browsers, switching my modem on and off, clearing caches etc with no luck. 

I even called the 24x7 support line and was told that the website is showing up on their end and they weren't able to assist me further. 

I have looked through the threads and have not found anything to help thus far. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Forbidden 403 Error - New WordPress site

The default WordPress theme is displaying for me as well...  If it were the site or the server, I would get the same error you are receiving.

What URL are you trying to access @hellosarahlou?  If you are trying to access an incorrect URL the 403 forbidden error may display due to permissions/or security reasons.  When I go directly to /wp-admin the page redirects, without error, to the default WordPress login page.

Go to /wp-login.php and see if the same happens...

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison