cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Let’s Encrypt SSL on GoDaddy Hosting

Hello All,

I have a question.  I have the Ultimate Web Hosting Linux plan with 2 domains and want to add SSL to the sites.  These sites are simple and do no ecommerce so I feel a third party cert is OK.  I have been reading around the posts and it seems that I need to get a dedicated IP for my account. An additional cost but I can deal with that.

I clicked on the "SSL Certificates" icon on my Hosting Details page but it just returns me to the main page.  Is there a way to install a Let's Encrypt Cert with Ultimate Web Hosting Linux? I read I may need to convert my hosting account to cPanel.  Is this true?

Just looking for information here.  Any help greatly appreciated,.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Let’s Encrypt SSL on GoDaddy Hosting

If you have SSH access to your account, just visit www.gethttpsforfree.com to obtain a free let's encrypt certificate valid for 3 months
New

Thanks for the reply, but my question is about installing the certificate.  I do have ssh access but not root.  Assuming I got the 3 month cert from Let's Encrypt, how do I install it?  That I what I am looking for.

Just follow the instructions in the aforesaid website. It provides you the necessary commands to install the certificate.