cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOD Security

Hi there

Can I disable MOD Security? I have been trying to upload Products CSV file from my old WordPress installation to the new installation but it kept taking me to 404 page and when I try to add premium plugin the same whereas when I add the free plugins it lets me do that: everything out of WordPress I cannot add: Ex. when I want to add premium Wishlist plugin all I get is 404 page, when I go to Dashboard>Plugins>Add New> Search Plugin>find it>Install it...everything goes right and the plugin be installed without a problem. The same when I import product file

Can anyone help in telling me how to disable MOD Security? I came to this diagnosis after looking into google for 404 Error after executing wp all import

2 REPLIES 2
Resolver VI

Hi bakir_radhi,

I hope you are doing well.  MOD Security cannot be disabled on GoDaddy shared cPanel hosting environment. If you're encountering errors that the developer believes to be related to this module, then you'll need to reach out to GoDaddy live support so our hosting team can assist investigating the specific issues causing this. They may be able to make adjustments or suggest a work around to help. 

Zulfiqar Anees | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, TechKnowable, and ZulWeb | GoDaddy Pro.

Dear Zulfiqar

I contacted them but really was disappointed as after one hour talking to them they told me what causing the problem is the permalink and I need to change it and I did that but got nothing all the same. There is the same situation in google and solved by disabling the MOD Security

The plugins are rejected as long as they are on my laptop, files rejected because they are stored on my PC

And this has nothing to do with the permalink at all but they insisted on that