cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Pointing A Record to My Godaddy Site from Other Domain Provider

Hello to Community!

I am new here, just created a landing page in Godaddy for my online store which hosted elsewhere, the landing page was using a subdomain created from there, and pointing back to my godaddy account.

I have read a post in this community but not so sure, for the A record, am I correct to use this IP for Godaddy server:

Asia182.50.132.242

Because the post not clearly stated whether it is a godaddy ip or some others ?

Hope someone can clarify for me.

Thank you very much in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Pointing A Record to My Godaddy Site from Other Domain Provider

It is not clear where you're trying to point the domain.  It depends on how the website is hosted.  If you are using the current website builder from GoDaddy that is one of the available IP addresses.  If you're using something else post back with more detail.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-my-websites-domain-address-24748

@Nate wrote:

It is not clear where you're trying to point the domain.  It depends on how the website is hosted.  If you are using the current website builder from GoDaddy that is one of the available IP addresses.  If you're using something else post back with more detail.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-my-websites-domain-address-24748

Thank you for the reply! yes, I am referring the IP address from the post you mentioned. My domain was purchased from 3rd party, and I am creating a subdomain to point to my godaddy website.

So there should be 2 records I need to create in my 3rd party domain hosting service:

1. CNAME Record:  Host is "subdomain (eg. jp)"  and Value is "godaddysites.com"

2. A Record:  Host is same as above, and Value is "182.50.132.242" for Asia server.

Am I correct?

When I launch my godaddy website with my subdomain, it show "404 page not found".

Thank you again!

Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

You should just need the A record, not the CNAME.

Type: A record

Host/name: jp

Points to/value: 182.50.132.242

This would create jp.yourdomain.com and you'll want to make sure to use that full address when adding the domain in the GoCentral dashboard.

Thank you! actually the site has go live for couple days, just because of busy, didn't mark as resolved:)

Regards!