cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Ridiculously Slow TTFB - GoDaddy Business Hosting

I have 3 clients on Launch Business Hosting and am experiencing very slow TTFB with all of their websites. One is only running a single completely optimized custom site with a ~850kb homepage, A gtmetrix score, etc., but TTFB is still 1-2 seconds and the only thing keeping us from achieving a high Google PageSpeed Insights score.

All of the sites my clients have on Launch Business Hosting have been optimized as much as possible and clones of all sites on my 1&1 Ionos VPS with less resources, identical settings, PHP version, etc. have a TTFB of ~250ms, while TTFB on Launch Business Hosting is between 1-2 seconds. Absolutely unacceptable for the dedicated resources we're supposedly getting... and considering how expensive it is.

Of course when I called and asked they just gave me the runaround telling me to check gtmetrix, must be a problem with your site, etc. When confronted with the fact that all of these sites have a TTFB of ~250ms on a VPS with less resources and identical server settings they just repeat the same irrelevant lines like you're an idiot and don't how things work. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to move these clients to new hosting when it comes time to renew and can't recommend GoDaddy Business Hosting to anyone going forward.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Ridiculously Slow TTFB - GoDaddy Business Hosting

Hello 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
New

Re: Ridiculously Slow TTFB - GoDaddy Business Hosting

If you had even bothered to read my post you would see that I'm not having an issue with GTMetrix scores, I'm not talking about Managed WordPress Hosting, and I'm not talking about anything other than Time To First Byte.

I use PageSpeed Insights regularly and "Reduce server response times (TTFB)" is the only big problem I have with my sites on GoDaddy Business Hosting (like I already said in my post). I have lots of other sites using the same themes and plugins on virtual private servers with less resources and NONE of them have this issue.

Yes, all of these sites have been optimized as much as they can possibly be optimized... using W3 Total Cache, Autoptimize, all images properly resized and optimized, only using few trusted popular plugins and premium themes or custom built themes, all newer sites so DBs don't need to be cleaned, etc. etc. etc.

We're not all incompetent idiots who don't know how to optimize our sites and TTFB has nothing to do with most of the optimizations you posted in your reply.

So I'll ask once again: HOW IS IT THAT CLONES OF ALL OF THESE SITES ON A VPS WITH LESS RESOURCES AND IDENTICAL SETTINGS GIVE A TTFB OF 250MS WHILE TTFB IS 1-2 SECONDS ON GODADDY BUSINESS HOSTING!!!!!????

Sorry but we're not all morons who are going to fall for these generic sweep it under the rug replies and don't know any better. Others are observing the same issues. See https://in.godaddy.com/community/GoDaddy-Web-Hosting/Business-Hosting-is-slower-than-Shared-Hosting/....

THIS IS STRICTLY AN ISSUE WITH GODADDY BUSINESS HOSTING AND IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP OR WE'LL NEVER USE GODADDY HOSTING AGAIN AND MIGRATE ALL OF OUR CLIENTS TO NEW HOSTS ASAP.